Thumbs up Brake Proportioning Valve Leak

Hi, I have Honda Civic 1995 and have a leakage in the brake proportioning valve so the brake fluid reservoir goes low every now and then. The screw hole in the brake proportioning valve does not have the special kind of screw, can anyone please help me finding that screw? i am not very keen to replace the brake proportioning valve itself because firstly it is not a small job and secondly i cant find the brake proportioning valve from wreckers in South Australia. Thanks in Advance.

P.S. I have attached the picture of brake proportioning valve that i found on internet which shows one valve with that special screw and one without. Hope i explained the problem well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Propor_Valve1.jpg 
Views:	3354 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	24952  

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    replace the prop valve

its your brakes we are talking about here

if you cant do it yourself, take it to someone who can.

if you choose not to change it, ensure your third party insurance is current at least.

Oh thanks. That was helpful. I think i mentioned that the part is not available.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    I would buy new prop valve from honda
    i won't waste my time with second hand prop valve

Brakes are safety and the first thing you use when you want to stop!
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Buy a new one from Honda, I replaced one a few years back and best price I could get locally was around $240. they aren't cheap, but will last another 20 years.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + GE8
    I had the same problem with my EG, if you dont want to buy new from Honda. The 2nd best option is to have a look at the numbers on your valve, should be 3040 or 4040 etc. Its written very small but its definately there.

Look on ebay or ring up wreckers even not in SA, and ask if they will send it. Mine was missing the plug aswell but I managed to find one intact, its been fine over a year now.

i replaced the seal in mine, just an o ring in the middle. Just make sure the o ring material is compatible with brake fluid.

These guys can do it for you too. They are in adelaide

http://www.powerbrakes.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Great link. Thanks
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985