Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Timing Belt or Timing Chain

Hi guys, I am currently in the process of selling our much-loved Honda Accord Euro MY07 (2007 Model). It is an automatic 2.4L sedan.

A prospective buyer is particularly interested to know if the timing belt on the car has been changed. It has always been serviced through a Honda dealership but I couldn't tell him for sure either way.

I have since been advised that our car may not actually have a timing belt that needs replacing. But instead it may have a timing chain that is designed to last the lifetime of the engine.

Can anybody on here confirm whether this is true? I would greatly appreciate it. (Apologies if this has been discussed previously).

Also, if possible, I would greatly appreciate it if you could point me to an independent reference source that I could send to this guy?

In case you couldn't tell, neither he nor I know a great deal about cars!

Cheers,
    Fab

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    IIRC all K series run a timing chain.

Take a look in your owners manual and look at the maintenance schedule - it will tend to tell you when to change/inspect what bits.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Accord euro

Timing Chain

tell them to call a honda dealer if they don't believe you.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks guys. I have had a look through the service manual but can't find anything on either a timing belt or timing chain change/inspect (only references are to the accessory belt). I have also tried calling Honda and one said he was 90% sure another is checking and will come back to me. But it is starting to sound promising re timing chain rather than belt.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaFab View Post
    Thanks guys. I have had a look through the service manual but can't find anything on either a timing belt or timing chain change/inspect (only references are to the accessory belt). I have also tried calling Honda and one said he was 90% sure another is checking and will come back to me. But it is starting to sound promising re timing chain rather than belt.
    there sno 90% sure, it IS a chain,

2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks Fredoops. That is brilliant! You guys are awesome!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fredoops again.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    "Hurr durr i work at Honda and cannot tell you what is in our cars..." most people working at Honda nowadays
    Inc. flame
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    so basicly no the chain hasn't been changed, should be like 190,000k or 9 years IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    "Hurr durr i work at Honda and cannot tell you what is in our cars..." most people working at Honda nowadays
    Inc. flame
    so true. they cannot even quote on a spare part without the VIN. then you have the clown at burswood honda who tried to tell me that the KA9 legend came in a two door. morons these days

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hi guys. Thanks again to all of you for your help on this. With the timing belt concern out of the way, we were able to sell the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    so true. they cannot even quote on a spare part without the VIN. then you have the clown at burswood honda who tried to tell me that the KA9 legend came in a two door. morons these days
    lol dumbwits, i also went there and asked for DW-1 ATF Fluid for my 94 accord Auto
    And they asked me whether or not it was a cvt or auto... *should of seen my face*

I swear they just employ people who have 'basic' customer service skills and NO knowledge about Honda products
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum