Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KA9 Legend, $1,150 for a fuel pump from dealer?

Hi everyone,

I am new here! Hello Everyone!

Proud owner of a 1997 KA9 Legend, grey. Done 200,000k, on second fuel pump now.

This is a "backup" car, and I seldom drive it. about 100km in the last 6 months. Car refused to start one morning. NRMA came, hammered the tank while cranking, car started. NRMA said it is the fuel pump. Fine, drove to Hornsby Honda for a diagnosis, and came back yes, fuel pump. They want $1,150 for it , fitted. This does not sound normal to me. But if I am wrong, and if a fuel pump does cost $1,150, I am always willing to learn.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Nelson, from Epping, NSW

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Find out which model it is and buy elsewhere,from Repco/Bursons or online

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson_chow View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am new here! Hello Everyone!

Proud owner of a 1997 KA9 Legend, grey. Done 200,000k, on second fuel pump now.

This is a "backup" car, and I seldom drive it. about 100km in the last 6 months. Car refused to start one morning. NRMA came, hammered the tank while cranking, car started. NRMA said it is the fuel pump. Fine, drove to Hornsby Honda for a diagnosis, and came back yes, fuel pump. They want $1,150 for it , fitted. This does not sound normal to me. But if I am wrong, and if a fuel pump does cost $1,150, I am always willing to learn.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Nelson, from Epping, NSW
    Certainly not!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Here's one I found http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-LEG...-/181090495781

You could buy one yourself and PM a user here named bennjamin to install it cheaply

Member Array
    Car:
    cr-v 2001
    yep go to honda and you will pay ,for the best job ever ,go to your local parts shop and order in a new pump and have a go at fitting it yourself, its not that hard, a bit of info from youtube (mite have a video on it )or read up in the manual ,its just nuts and bolts and a wire connector ,and you will save a bucket load of cash pump should be under $200 so $900 in the pocket

that is a pretty hefty legend tax. legend owners are used to paying the tax but $1150? geez

Good people.

Thanks very much for your help. I have decided to bring the car to a local shop and the approximate cost is $2XX ish. Hence to drove the car to the mechanic today.

Extremely unfortunate that, since the car has been parked for a good while, there was severe water intrusion into the cabin thru the Sunroof (severe in the sense that, when I stepped on the brake, as a half a bucket of water was pouring onto my head) (for those who live in Sydney, WTH is going on with the weather!)

Perhaps it is time to let the Formidable Sir Legend go =(

Best wishes,
    Nelson

your seals on the sunroof is now leaking?

HI Sensei,

NOt sure, i asked the garage to diagnose the issue. I think i coiuld be a blocked drain rather than a leaking sunroof. Very, very distressing either way =(

Cheers
    Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by nelson_chow View Post
    HI Sensei,

NOt sure, i asked the garage to diagnose the issue. I think i coiuld be a blocked drain rather than a leaking sunroof. Very, very distressing either way =(

Cheers
    Nelson
    totally understand. it comes a day when the repairs will be worth more than the car is actually worth, and going by this thread, it would seem our beloved legends are close closing that gap.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Repco have them for $378 retail
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

any chance of the part number so i can see what brand/country of origin?