Engineering 4 Studded K Swap?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone would know about having a kswap eg/ek with a 4x100 set up and being able to engineer it?

A mechanic just told me that if the eg/ek has a k series in it and if I were to engineer it, I'd need to have a 5 stud. It's not possible to engineer a k series with a 4 stud set up.

Is this true? Even if the 4x100 set up was upgraded? 1" mc/bb, 40/40 prop valve, braided brake lines, good set of brake pads, upgraded to dc2r calipers and 280mm rotors?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    its best talking to an engineer in your state as the rules change state to state,
    I don't think the number of studs is the deciding factor but more that the brakes are appropriately sized however I may be totally wrong.

The extra stud is to allow for extra load / stresses on the hubs and wheels , I can understand how it is relevant when you are comparing to the original engines chassis design ! Good luck

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Op, seeing as your in victoria.
    Ive looked at the Guide to Modification for Motor Vehicles [PDF, 786KB] its an old 2003 doco and on page 4-6 it states the following

i would ask a range of engineers from the VASS list you may find someone who is willing to pass it with the 4 stud. U never know..

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I called up one engineering place and they told me that it'd be alright to just stay 4 stud but as long as I upgrade to dc2r size rotors etc. So I hope it's all fine.

Also, by looking at that document, I don't think I'll be making any of those modifications. Thanks Snoop_gee.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Ive got a good engineer if you need one bud
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Im rolling on 4 stud's man on my Kswap CRX

i'll be getting it sorted via vicroads also.

im in nsw when i done mine, they straight looked at my brake setup, min 262 or bigger for 2L or more. They didn't even look at the wheel stud.

they engineered my eg h22 with 262mm brake setup
    Last edited by shepparton; 02-07-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    h2b all motor- RIP
    FN2 -RIP
    GTI- RIP
    A 45 AMG -RIP
    C63 C205

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Ive got a good engineer if you need one bud
    Hey Josh! Is it the same one as who Michael will be using? I don't have anyone in mind. I was planning to go to whoever Mike had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    Im rolling on 4 stud's man on my Kswap CRX
    pic

pic

i'll be getting it sorted via vicroads also.
    Oh sweet! Is your CRX engineered and everything Snoop? Mind me asking where you got yours engineered from if it is?

Quote Originally Posted by shepparton View Post
    im in nsw when i done mine, they straight looked at my brake setup, min 262 or bigger for 2L or more. They didn't even look at the wheel stud
    I currently have 262mm but I thought I'd just go up to 280mm just in case and I could use that extra braking power. Might be different in Victoria too.

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Yeah dont see why the amout of studs on the hub is really relative to the engine size. Should be fine with dc2r 4 stud setup

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    When the time comes bro just let me know. There will be a minimum rotor size but if you are doing type r size you will be fine
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8