Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5

Custom vs JDM Exhausts DC5

Hey guys,

Just wanting to know what your opinion is on an exhaust for a dc5. I have searched through many threads and have come across many answers but something i am curious on a particular topic; Custom Exhausts vs JDM exhausts (e.g Fujistubo)

I hear it is cheaper to go get it done at a reputable exhaust shop and idea is to try have the piping as straight as possibile with decent headers etc but is their really a difference between Jap exhausts and Custom Exhausts or is it all just branding? This may be a stupid question but i am keen to see what people think on this topic!

Thanks heaps!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by aspirin_ash7 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wanting to know what your opinion is on an exhaust for a dc5. I have searched through many threads and have come across many answers but something i am curious on a particular topic; Custom Exhausts vs JDM exhausts (e.g Fujistubo)

I hear it is cheaper to go get it done at a reputable exhaust shop and idea is to try have the piping as straight as possibile with decent headers etc but is their really a difference between Jap exhausts and Custom Exhausts or is it all just branding? This may be a stupid question but i am keen to see what people think on this topic!

Thanks heaps!!
    I don't see why a custom should be any worse than an off the shelf 'JDM' exhaust system if it a) has sound workmanship and b) the materials are fit for purpose.

Generally the off the shelf packets have a bit more RnD with regards to the muffler, so as long as you're using a good muffler, you'll be fine.

Plus, a shop may or may be easier to communicate with with regards to warranty and reworks
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    As above. Discussed many times before, have a search if you want more info.