Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New CRV VTi needs a sporty look. Help please…

Hi Guys,

I am getting my CRV VTi MY14 (Carnelian Red) this week and I am very excited about it! I badly wanted to go for VTi-L with Modulo but I had my own $$$ constraints and couldn't go for it. But I would still love to see a sporty look by adding some accessories.

Can you please share your thoughts and make some recommendations to help me achieve this? I am based in Melbourne.

Couple of queries here (please forgive my ignorance as this is my first car):

1. Is it possible to change just the standard alloy wheel plate? (Not the entire wheel, just the plates). I called up Honda and they quoted $480 per wheel. That sounded too high just for changing the plates.

2. If I change just the plates myself, will that void the warranty or should I get this done only with the dealer?

Many Many Thanks for all your feedback in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    you can fit the modulo on the Vti, ive done it.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

That is a fantastic news to me. Did you do that with a Honda dealer? Even yesterday I spoke to them and they confirmed they cannot do that. Please can you advise where did you get that done? I would love to do that. I am based in Melbourne. Many Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Why not lower it and put a nice set of wheels on it?
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Quote Originally Posted by CRV14 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am getting my CRV VTi MY14 (Carnelian Red) this week and I am very excited about it! I badly wanted to go for VTi-L with Modulo but I had my own $$$ constraints and couldn't go for it. But I would still love to see a sporty look by adding some accessories.

Can you please share your thoughts and make some recommendations to help me achieve this? I am based in Melbourne.

Couple of queries here (please forgive my ignorance as this is my first car):
    1. Is it possible to change just the standard alloy wheel plate? (Not the entire wheel, just the plates). I called up Honda and they quoted $480 per wheel. That sounded too high just for changing the plates.
    [WH] What plates? The cr-v comes with standard alloys, so its not plates(or covers) which you can just simply change.

2. If I change just the plates myself, will that void the warranty or should I get this done only with the dealer?
    [WH] as above. Buy the wheels yourself, its cheaper and you can go for bigger rims, up to 19 with proper offset, you won't void warranty.

Modulo is OFFICIALLY on VTI-S and VTI-L only, but it can be fitted, its just that Honda Australia do not want to do it to prevent mixed messaging and product positioning. Aftermarket kit is possible but it is costly as well. 2-3K MINIMUM painted and fitted.
    2013 CR-V | Modulo F/R Bumper + Spoiler | Metallic Side Step | 19 inch Vertini Magics | Custom Red Leather Modulo Seats

Thanks WH. That clarifies. Much appreciated. If you can mention a few names I will call them and find out.

Thanks WH. That clarifies. Much appreciated. If you can mention a few names I will call them and find out.
    There are some custom ones, but are all more expensive. Mugen has not officially announce theirs for sale even though a concept is done, and likely may not go to market.

If you allow me to suggest, a neat and cost effective strategy, the current bodywork of the CR-V is actually quite good-looking, one method to make it look more sporty is to paint onto the grey areas itself with the body paint, which should costs maybe 700-1K (im guessing here). Some has already done it overseas, and coupled with big rims, it looks really good. However, you may still need to go for the spoiler which can be bought by a dealer here (no limitations to grade of CR-V). I will try to find some pics for you.
    2013 CR-V | Modulo F/R Bumper + Spoiler | Metallic Side Step | 19 inch Vertini Magics | Custom Red Leather Modulo Seats

Example but this is with Modulo Kit.

Thank you so much WH. That was really helpful. Great cost effective suggestion. Will definitely consider this.

You guys just ROCK! so knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks a lot. I am glad that I found this forum.

The following pictures are for a CRV with colour coded paint over grey areas (without Modulo kit), so you can have a better idea on your own car.

Looks fantastic! Equally good as a modulo. Cost effective solution for people like me thanks for that.

I am sure this works well for Black or White but mine is Carnelian Red. Do you think it will look equally good if the whole unit is painted with Carnelian Red? wondering if black alloys might add value...

Looks fantastic! Equally good as a modulo. Cost effective solution for people like me thanks for that.

I am sure this works well for Black or White but mine is Carnelian Red. Do you think it will look equally good if the whole unit is painted with Carnelian Red? wondering if black alloys might add value...
    It's always subjective mate and Beauty's always in the eye of the beholder. There has to be a reason why you went Carnelian Red in the first place.

if you want red with black rims, see below. I'm a tad biased towards dark rims, as with my own ride, but the mrs doesn't like it on hers, so we went with her since she's driving the cr-v most of the time.