Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda prelude

what do you guys think of this dc5 integra for sale

hello

Im not sure if this is in the right place but i was just wondering what you guys think of this honda integra dc5 for sale.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/liver...ly-/1023238764

Ive owned a honda prelude 1997 vtir until it was rear ended.

what do you guys think? his lowest price is 9000 i dont know much about dc5 think its a type s with all the factory options.

im going to check it out today with some mechanic friends just wondering what pros and cons there are to dc5 or anything else i should know.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    It's an automatic base model which has been badged with type r and type s stuff. Depends on what you want out of it. If you're after a fun track car with great handling, this wouldn't be the best start. It has a k20a3 engine which is substantially slower than the k20a2 and k20z1 found in the type r and type s respectively. Saying that, Timmy has a red base model in manual which he did use for track with some great results until the engine blew.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda prelude
    dont plan to use it for track just something a to b , work , uni thats not too boring. but dont want something that will constantly fail on me. yeah i know its auto wanted manual but no one else in the family knows how to drive it incase something happens so i need to get auto. would it be as fun to drive as a prelude? ive been driving my mum corrolla ascent since ive been without a car. so would you guys reccomend this car for 9000 with its features, mods and kms?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Going to be slower than your vtir. Those mods aren't of my taste so personally, I wouldn't. But each to their own. Something to note would be to ask the seller for as many of the original oem parts they have still. Also, depending on what springs are in there, the shocks might give out sooner than you think. Finally, check the paint job. Most dc5s are painted with the base and clear coat mixed together which fades quicker.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda prelude
    oh really significantly slower? going car hunting today my options are this and a mazda 3 2004 so far. yeah i called him he said he repainted it.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecfan View Post
    oh really significantly slower? going car hunting today my options are this and a mazda 3 2004 so far. yeah i called him he said he repainted it.
    Don't forget resprays could have also been done to cover accident damage so do the usual check for uneven panels and gaps. Also do a revs register check for accident or stolen history

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5
    putting my 2cents in i also moved from a Auto Base model dc5 to a manual DC5s. Huge difference in power for me, at least i feel.
    Sugest do the usual revs check and paint job on red cars can get a bit iffy in that they can fade much easier and unevenly making it look odd. Hopefully the car hasn't been thrashed either so take a mechanic who knows what his doing to take a good look!

Goodluck

The rear is a facelift dc5 so this car most likely has been hit in the rear. But then again he could also like the facelift rear and decided to change it. So just be careful with that car