Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanMugen View Post
    What's so great about Fuchs Titan, if you don't mind me asking (I don't know anything about it)?
    I am quite happy with Penrite "Racing" oil - it's the cheapest Group 4 based oil you can buy.
    I run 5w30 as the fn2 won't see the track (because it's too slow!.........) - the 5w30 has friction modifiers so might pick up a kW or two to help the fn2's glacier-esque (lack of) performance.
    I suppose 10w40 would be good for a tracked EP3, that verson doesn't have friction modifiers - either are not bad for $55/bottle on special.
    It is locally made in Australia VIC + NSW and its great, alot of my friends run it in 400kw+ highly tuned cars, So all my dailys have run it and i love the stuff, in the end 95% of EP3 owners ive met all say the same thing 'Its just a daily' so the way i see it get an oil that suits what you do.

I see this alot with people and the facts really are right infront of you, a racing oil or a high performance blend of oil is designed and tested when an engine is being raced and at extremely higher than daily driving temperatures, So if your not seeing the track then your definitely not sitting at 9000RPM as you drive to the shops, So how is a racing oil in anyway suited to your driving? Its not within the heat range.

To break it down further, with the 1way i wasn't to sure which oil to choose alot of internet mechanic forums i found said 80w140 which is suited for track driving, which instantly i wasnt too sure of but im not a FWD person to really know but with the ability to change oil and get oil very easily i figured id test it out, so i got it.. Put it in and it was ABSOLUTELY horrible.. Gear lock out when cold, extremely aggressive on the clutch plates literally the car was way to ruff for my liking, it was just not enjoyable for atleast 5minutes till the oil came to heat which then it was great. The oil was perfectly fine.. But my driving was not suited to it.
    But at the same time this is bad until the oil came to optimal range i was causing alot of wear on my gearset and lsd.. With no benefit at all.. Within 10minutes i was at work.. and my daily commute is me driving at 40-60kmh doing stop/start so this wasn't good for what i was doing at all so i had to change.
    Cusco even said that this oil should be "Competition" only, which is funny cause there documents dont exactly match up. But thats a different discussion.

So i spoke with some others who said Honda MTF is great and i spoke with Cusco, Cusco said dont use Honda MTF due to aftermarket LSD, And i spoke with people at fuchs and pretty much outlined exactly what i do with the car all said 80w90 which is more street and can be okay for track days also.

Put the 80w90 in and the car was amazing to drive, Followed exactly what cusco said with letting it warm up for the 2minutes which i do anyway and nobody can spot the car has a aftermarket LSD till you make use of it. Drives like standard... and that my friends is what i wanted.
    Ive now told a few friends with other FWD cars running aftermarket LSD and street driving and they all love it.

Hopefully this breaks it down a little for you, all oils are good just get what is good for YOU, not the internet mechanics.
    Last edited by ntonio; 17-06-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Hey All, can anyone confirm the correct part number for the serpentine drive belt for a 2002 EP3R ? I have 7PK1632 ? Honda Blacktown won't look anything up for imports!
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
    Hey All, can anyone confirm the correct part number for the serpentine drive belt for a 2002 EP3R ? I have 7PK1632 ? Honda Blacktown won't look anything up for imports!
    That would be the correct part number for OEM parts
    But Gates & Dayco cannot/forbidden to make that length
    Aftermarket usually go up by 5mms at a time
    The closest you'll get is 1630/35/40/45
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

OK Thanks, Blacktown Auto Spares have a 7PK1635 so it shouldn't matter to have 3 mm extra? or would i get the 7PK1630 ?I assume adjustment by a few mm is OK either way
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    ^ a few mms is okay.

Normally a tolerance of 10mm is okay. So 3mm is nothing.