Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS

Accord Euro CL9 inner CV joint wear causing vibration under load

Hi CL9 owners,

Anyone here experience this issue where your car vibrates from the chassis up when accelerating under load?

Mine is having this issue and the most obvious is around the 95-100km, accelerating under load. But can also be felt light in other speeds when accelerating under load.

It's ok when just cruising.

This is apparently a know issue with some CL9 euros as I rang 2 dealership service centres and they both said it's the inner CV joint (not the outer one which goes clicks click-click-click from wear after the boot has torn). Both service centres said it is recommended to change both sides of the drive shaft assembly which includes the inner cv joint.

Thanks,
    Vincent

EDIT: found this on whirlpool which discusses the same issue. http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=2039162
    Last edited by V205; 18-07-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: more content

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Got my drive shaft schanged over to after market ones. Accelerating around the 100km/h under load vibration is gone.

However, one other problem which I thought was related is still prevalent. The 2nd gear acceleration around 3000-4000rpm under medium load gives a vibration. ONLY in 2nd gear. Any ideas?
    Last edited by V205; 14-08-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    check condition of the engine mount
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Fredoops,

Thanks for the suggestion. That engine mount issue would be consistent with vibration at a specific gear?

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    I have to disagree with fredoops there. I've been to hell and back with my euro mechanically (2 years after all the repairs to the lemon still running 100% mind you).

Your problem is the aftermarket driveshafts. Every single one of them out are slighly longer than oems. Thats why the shake is still there but heavily reduced (esp after 80-100km/h).

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Ok guys I'm having the same problem with car vibrating at 100km/h. From this thread and others in this forum, it is confirmed that the inner CV joint is the cause of the vibration issue.
    As V205 mentioned that the service centre recommended to change the drive shaft. Just wondering what would happen if I just change just the inner CV joint and not the drive shaft? I'm trying to understand what problems would it cause just change the inner CV.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    If thread is TLDR => Common solution: Rebuild driveshafts / fix CV Joint

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    I'm happy to report my shaking/vibration problems have been fully resolved. The previous set of re-conditioned drive-shafts were at fault. My mechanic suspected it and swapped it over for a brand new set of aftermarket drive shafts and it is running very smoothly now.

Quote Originally Posted by V205 View Post
    Got my drive shaft schanged over to after market ones. Accelerating around the 100km/h under load vibration is gone.

However, one other problem which I thought was related is still prevalent. The 2nd gear acceleration around 3000-4000rpm under medium load gives a vibration. ONLY in 2nd gear. Any ideas?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

Accord Euro CL9 Driveshaft Vibration - Aftermarket driveshaft review?

I have a query to V205, have you experience any vibration finding its way back with the new aftermarket drive shafts. I have read that the aftermarket shafts can develop the original vibration back, but also an additional vibration around the 40-50 kmh range. I also have an 05 Euro Manual, and am deciding whether to order the aftermarket shafts or if I'm best to order the heal toe auto overhaul kit (see link below). Hope you can supply some feedback.

Cheers!

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/honda-gen...roductid=65949

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 05

Accord Euro CL9 inner CV joint wear causing vibration under load

Hi guys
    my car was lowered 3 months ago and I notice it started vibrating when accelerating from 50 -60kph and in between gear changes. I was told by a mechanic since the car was lowered by 50mm, its had severe impact on the drive shaft and since the car has done more than 130 000ks, its due for replacement. I just done want to spend money and the problem is still there.
    I did my wheel alignment, balancing and rotation done cos it thought it was out of alignment.. then replace 4 sets of tyres and replace engine mounts.. but still the same.. now that I found this forum and members with the same problem, im hoping it is my drive shaft that's causing me grief..

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Only just saw this. You should have PM'ed me.

Anyway, I have zero issues with the new aftermarket ones so far and it's been about 3 mths. However, how many aftermarket makers are there out there and we are probably talking about diff makers. I don't think I can advise properly either way. Just go with a mechanic that you can trust and rely on if he needs to redo etc if they continue to cause vibrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lee View Post
    I have a query to V205, have you experience any vibration finding its way back with the new aftermarket drive shafts. I have read that the aftermarket shafts can develop the original vibration back, but also an additional vibration around the 40-50 kmh range. I also have an 05 Euro Manual, and am deciding whether to order the aftermarket shafts or if I'm best to order the heal toe auto overhaul kit (see link below). Hope you can supply some feedback.

Cheers!

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/honda-gen...roductid=65949