Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride

Post Forced Induction D16Y4

Yo yo yo!

Just like the title says.. I do not want or need a step by step 1080p photographical demonstration on bolt ons. LOL.

I am just after people that have completed swap and just to express some ideas.

I have D16Y4 engine. Looking to go boosting. 133,000 km on engine and chassis. Engine is clean as fcuk, looking like it just rolled out of the factory as in head has been taken off and meticulously looked for signs of wear. Yes I know SOHC and no VTEC *waa waa* I don't really mind.

Let's go.. discussion thread or PM me.
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    I'd compression test your motor just to be sure of a solid foundation.

Find a T28BB custom manifold, front mount, injectors, ecu and tune and your good to go.

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    Haha I wanted to express some ideas to you guys ... but in any case, was looking at mainly what turbos others have decided to run and why and which ECU?

Compression test has been completed - looking like all around 180 all across the board with all cylinders very close to 180 ( 180,182,182,182 ) . Haven't played with a Honda before, do those figures sound like a good time? :O
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    A fair few SR's run the T28BB manifold ( just a quick google search ) and with a quick peek they suit a early / mid range response turbo which sounds just about right for me.
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by raidbaws View Post
    A fair few SR's run the T28BB manifold ( just a quick google search ) and with a quick peek they suit a early / mid range response turbo which sounds just about right for me.
    go for t25 turbo, i have a t28 an full boost comes on at 4,500 rpm.
    Last edited by honda_zivic; 18-07-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    T28 hmm.. that sounds like some good response, what psi are you running and are you plumbing back or have BOV?
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    was running 10 psi b4 but atm im running 8 psi, i have a turbosmart megasonic bov and also running hondata s300 (because plug n play).

u will need a clutch and exhaust when u go boost.

how much power u aiming for anyways?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    With a t28bb efficiency maxes out at 1 bar.

I wouldnt go any smaller. Each to their own. T28BB has heaps of headroom for more power with a D16. Before engine internals, gearbox strengths, street friendly clutches are thrown into the equation. Plus T25's are bush bearing if you try to salvage a 180 one? Correct me if Im wrong.

All Hondas run off a MAP sensor right? I'd go vent. Just because I can.

Cant do that on my S15 unfortunately. Runs like shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    it's really good to see people interested in their Single Cams . if you go through to do it , make a diy thread pls haha
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    You can run a GT28 but you need to look at the rear housing size. A .63 rear housing will give you good spool and the gt28 will have more than enough poke to go all the way to 7000rpm (or just under).

In regards to manifolds, i would run a tubular manifold with tuned length runners. T25/gt28's are all internally gated so you dont need to worry about wastegate attatchments.

ECU, I would run a Haltech or Hondata, then look at upgrading injectors to 440cc at a minimum, a Walbro 255 combined with a higher flow fuel rail and fuel pressure reg. A heavy duty clutch and 2.5-3in exhaust will see you out.

If you need engine internals etc, I am a Bisimoto Engineering dealer and can supply pistons/rods/cam etc to help you when the next level comes.

Lastly, remember that a stock D series is only good for about 200whp on stock rods. Any more and you will throw a rod out the block so just be mindful.

If you need anymore help feel free to call me
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    Too many responses making me look like a fool reading stuff I already know but cheers

Thanks for the time you guys put into posting. I don't want to set a 'whp' figure yet, just deciding on how to approach this BUT if I had to set it around 150fwkw would be tops.
    Was looking more at the a slighter bigger than T25 so many that T28BB is what I should go for as turbo choice, 1 bar is plenty.

Turbo is out of way.. I know which ex manifold I'm after aswell..

One more question about tuning it - My car has immobolizer on starter motor, if I run a Haltech or Hondata ( not sure which one at the moment ), what am I going to have to look for in terms of
    that issue there.. or am I just over thinking?

I have read that the Hondata S300's aren't so plug and play for D16Y4 motors.. can you shed any more light Honda_Zivic?

Regards
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    s300 is plug n play for obd1. for ur case u need to convert to obd1 setup to make it work.but bit more work involved since d16y4 is an aussie version and is abit diff to other obd2 engines.

u cant use hondata obd2 - obd1 conversion harness bcoz d16y4 is different to others.

this link should help u.
    http://nzhondas.com/forced-induction...xi-nzdm-2.html