Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ek1 seat rail?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK

Ek1 seat rail?

I'm looking to buy a bride seat and not sure which rail i need to get. Someone told me I need a dc2 rail which doesn't sound right. what rail do I need? And does the rail have to be bride or any brand? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1, Evo8
    EK9 Rails or if you searched (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...3s-to-ek-civic) bride RO rails which fit Recaro SR3s and, bride.
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    thanks. I'm not sure if I should wait for some ek9 rails to pop up or just buy eg rails. They fit but only 3/4 bolts line up so I don't know how safe that would be

hi mate, i have a bride seat,

You will need side-mount aftermarket rails; bride rails/buddyclub/PLM/vision etc
    Yonas @ JDMYard sold me a PLM rails for 150 new. You can find second hand on these forums as well - but that's your choice.
    https://www.facebook.com/ISOMedia.Photography

WP: 1:10.0
    Winton: 1:40.5
    Marulan: 0:48.7

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Cool thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by FongPei View Post
    hi mate, i have a bride seat,

You will need side-mount aftermarket rails; bride rails/buddyclub/PLM/vision etc
    Yonas @ JDMYard sold me a PLM rails for 150 new. You can find second hand on these forums as well - but that's your choice.
    What if he has a bottom mount seat? Threadstarter do you have a side mount fixed back seat, or a bottom mount seats (Recaro SR3/4 style)? If you have the latter then EK9 seat rails will work, otherwise you need something aftermarket.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    there just the stock ek1 rails arm, is that what you mean?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuls1 View Post
    there just the stock ek1 rails arm, is that what you mean?
    Nup, I mean what type of seat are you getting, there are two main types; side mount and bottom mount. So the bolts either go into the side of the seat, or the bottom. Most reclining aftermarket seats are bottom mount, and most fixed back seats are side mount.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    I don't care I'd get either, whatever I can find second hand I guess

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    Generally Fixed back seats (Bride Zeta, Recaro Pole Position) are side mount, and reclinable seats (Bride Brix, Recaro SR3 etc.) are bottom mount.
    '96 EK1 - '99 Milano Red DC2R - '99 Championship White DC2R - '92 EG4 - '89 EF9 B16/LSD - 88' ED6 - 91' SR20DET 180sx - 93' EG8 B16 Sedan

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Alright thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    what seat do u even have???? Saying i need ek1 rails is very ambiguous question!

IF u have a fixed back seat, that narrows down the question, Buddy Club Super low Rails, they are side mounted, which i use on my seat are nice, though the quality is questionable considering the price u pay for.

and FYI, DC2 rails will fit but need modification to fit and line up, so for the price u pay for DC2 rails, its same as EK, so better off just buying specified rails for EK chasis.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC