Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07

Euro 2007 CL9 Luxury (non-navi) + Reverse Camera

Hey guys,

So ive felt for the last 3 years ive been driving the CL9 that it feels really big to me. Im a short/small guy and found that the CL9 is quite hard to see out of..Needless to say ive gashed my front leftside rim pretty badly before, and bumped the drivers side rear bumper twice, cracking the paint. Fortunately no damage to the metalwork, but the reverse sensors was too slow in picking up the location of the pole, and the pole itself was really close to the curb. The pole was located in my blind spot pretty much obscured by the drivers side rear pillar.

So ive decided to install a reversing camera, plan to put this small 4.3" LCD in the centre console compartment, and wire it in the extension video coaxial cable all the way to the boot. Total cost was $35, decided it was worth the effort.

Is anyone able to tell me how i might thread this wire underneath toward the centre console?

Ive installed one of those aux/ipod adaptors to the headunit before, so i know how to take the box out. But im not too sure how to best run that video wire. Does anyone also know how best to power the LCD? Is there some adaptor i can get for the cig lighter so i dont have to splice any wires?

The ordered parts from ebay:

Camera -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CAR-REAR-...60666663920%26

4.3" Screen -
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-3-Inch-...50774618537%26

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    Or youcan put that LCD on the top of the dash where the hazard is like gauges .. Just an idea

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Just run it under the mouldings along the side of the car, up the kicker panel, and back across to the center console

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    Thanks Kodak, think i might give that a shot when i get it.

Thanks D1zzo, problem is it may not look neat, and wanted to make it look like something that was done well. The LCD has the functionality to put video of some kind, but my ipod adapter - icelink type of device doesnt offer that kind of support.

i was more interested if any of you guys would help me be able to understand how to wire up the power for the LCD unit? How can i best give it power without splicing wires? Is there some form of adapter plug that i can use?

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak View Post
    Just run it under the mouldings along the side of the car, up the kicker panel, and back across to the center console
    X2 - i've done this to my past 3 cars that had cameras and if done properly completely hides all wires.

When I did my non navi to navi conversion, I 'spliced' into my 20 pin audio plug.

When I say 'spliced' I bought a female to male 20 pin extension cable and spliced the extension to provide power to the screen.

I dont see why you couldnt do this as well for power.

As far as hiding cables goes, for my bluetooth mic, I ran the wiring under and around, inside the center console/armrest thing. If you put your fingers down and pull gently, there is a bit of give adjacent to where your feet would be towards the console. You can tuck cables in there.

If you are really keen, you can hide the cable so well, it can go up along the center console, up past the driver or passenger side ecm cover, inside the glove box or gauge cluster surround up to the 20 pin audio plug at the back of the head unit...

...re reading, this description may be ridiculously vague. PM me if you want more details as I may not check back.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    Update:

All the parts finally arrived, now sussing out on how to connect it all..

I opened up the centre console again and found an empty adaptor.

Anyone can shed some light as to what it is actually for and whether it can be used to supply power to my screen?

Here is the empty plug:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ll6dhp0a9j...2014.52.03.jpg

The other plugs:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a73ktt4w0a...2014.52.31.jpg

If this empty plug is not suitable, how else could i plug it up?

yeah.....I wouldnt touch that. Haha....

Thats your SRS Airbag module. The reason there are blanks is because its a common Honda part (read: used on other vehicles that have more airbags)

Plug into the audio 20 pin connector. If you like I can make you one like this which simply builds a 'tee' into your audio 20 pin connector on the power/earth lines, avoiding the need for splicing. I can build a splice into the adapter which means you only have to plug and play and then you have a spare power and earth line.

FYI this is from my post which will better explain how it connects to the 20 pin plug for audio (Blue) in your car connected to the back of your head unit. THe audio 20 pin looks like this:

Last edited by ozy944; 18-08-2013 at 12:56 PM.