Member Array
    Car:
    '06 CL9 + '07 FD

Thumbs up [CL9] Accord Euro - Where to buy Door Actuator?

I'm sure there's a few of us Euro owners with the dreaded Door Actuator issues which force our Central Locking to stop working.

For those of you looking on Ebay for the part and struggling to decide like I did over a $10 part vs $30-70 I had a really good experience buying a Genuine OEM Honda door actuator from zoow_parts on Ebay and I thought it'd be good to share it with fellow OH.

The part was originally listed for $47.90 but when it was delivered to my door yesterday I noticed the part went down to $31.90. zoow_parts were kind enough to refund the difference.

For OH members benefit I can confirm the part is Genuine OEM and would recommend that you get this over the $10 ones on Ebay which look dodgy as.
    If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    nice! i need one for my passenger door

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I got one of the $13 ones off ebay installed recently, seems fine but for extra $20 it's probably worth a legit one. My mechanic reckons they look identical though.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Butso View Post
    I'm sure there's a few of us Euro owners with the dreaded Door Actuator issues which force our Central Locking to stop working.

For those of you looking on Ebay for the part and struggling to decide like I did over a $10 part vs $30-70 I had a really good experience buying a Genuine OEM Honda door actuator from zoow_parts on Ebay and I thought it'd be good to share it with fellow OH.

The part was originally listed for $47.90 but when it was delivered to my door yesterday I noticed the part went down to $31.90. zoow_parts were kind enough to refund the difference.

For OH members benefit I can confirm the part is Genuine OEM and would recommend that you get this over the $10 ones on Ebay which look dodgy as.
    Hey! I just bought the same part recently from the same seller for $31.90. The seller had a picture of the actuator sitting on top of a bubble wrap bag with Honda OEM sticker on it and claims it is a genuine OEM part. But when I got the part it was in a normal bag with no honda sticker.

I'm beginning to have my doubts about whether it is a genuine Honda OEM part.... Can I ask how you can confirm it is a genuine OEM part?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattmt79 View Post
    Hey! I just bought the same part recently from the same seller for $31.90. The seller had a picture of the actuator sitting on top of a bubble wrap bag with Honda OEM sticker on it and claims it is a genuine OEM part. But when I got the part it was in a normal bag with no honda sticker.

I'm beginning to have my doubts about whether it is a genuine Honda OEM part.... Can I ask how you can confirm it is a genuine OEM part?
    Honda does not make the actuator in a Honda factory. They buy it from a parts supplier, put it into a bubble wrap bag and put a Honda sticker on it. Buying it with the Honda sticker costs about $50-70. For this seller to be able to sell it at $31.90, then he could be sourcing from the same supplier but before a Honda sticker (and price markup) is added onto the item.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Honda does not make the actuator in a Honda factory. They buy it from a parts supplier, put it into a bubble wrap bag and put a Honda sticker on it. Buying it with the Honda sticker costs about $50-70. For this seller to be able to sell it at $31.90, then he could be sourcing from the same supplier but before a Honda sticker (and price markup) is added onto the item.
    Then I guess the question is whether this guy is sourcing from the same supplier. How can we tell if he is sourcing from the same supplier?