Member Array
    Car:
    f20c

Set to get 100 new red-light speed cameras heads up

Not sure where to post this, or if its already been posted. Feel free to delete if so

Heres a heads up for motorists that use these roads daily

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-speed-cameras

Click the link, and view where new speed camera locations will be.

"More than 100 cameras will be slipped quietly into Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong suburbs at locations deemed to meet the NSW Speed Camera Strategy, the NSW government says.

Click here to view the new speed camera locations.

Since last April, 21 sites have been approved for the red-light speed cameras.

More signage warning motorists of the signs will be installed and there will be a four-week grace period where drivers will receive warning letters.

Source: NSW Roads and Maratime, Nine News "

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Good, i prefer these to normal speed cameras.

Nothing shits me more than cnuts who speed up to go through yellow lights.
    to see all of my build, checkout

When you see text saying "click here" it means a URL link it helps if you post it too.

http://ninemsn.com.au/img/2013/0608_...era_Update.pdf

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    Not many motorists are happy with red-light cameras -- the law-enforcement gadgets that snap a picture of you and your license plate if you are caught in an intersection when the light turns red. Many feel the devices are more about raising municipal revenues than they are about making the roads better.

Of course that's what they are!

They put them mostly in places where they make light sequences shit for 'traffic' flow studies while a few make sense in dangerous intersections to make it look like they're concerned for our wellbeing.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post

Yeah so instead now we have crazy kokonuts that slam on brake at the hint of yellow and others pile into them. One swap for the other... Both situations are shit

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post

I prefer the counting down timer traffic lights than these speed cameras

I never want to go through the yellow lights to get fined but sometime i can not estimate the distance that to brake or keep going. I can guarantee one thing that nobody hits the brake when the yellow lights come up all the time.

In my opinion, 1 speed camera can make $500,000 fines/month but if there is a counting down timer traffic ligth next to that camera, I think that speed camera can not make more than $100,000/month
    Speed cameras aim to reduce accidents. But to me, speed cameras just to make money for goverment, not to reduce accidents

Quote Originally Posted by iou View Post
    I prefer the counting down timer traffic lights than these speed cameras

I never want to go through the yellow lights to get fined but sometime i can not estimate the distance that to brake or keep going. I can guarantee one thing that nobody hits the brake when the yellow lights come up all the time.

In my opinion, 1 speed camera can make $500,000 fines/month but if there is a counting down timer traffic ligth next to that camera, I think that speed camera can not make more than $100,000/month
    Speed cameras aim to reduce accidents. But to me, speed cameras just to make money for goverment, not to reduce accidents
    I like that countdown idea. Cause not all lights have the same sequence/period iirc.

However nobody hits brake when yellow light? You might want to think about that for a sec though cause if that were true, I wouldn't be seeing a BMW lodged into the back of an Aurion the other night...

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I like that countdown idea. Cause not all lights have the same sequence/period iirc.

However nobody hits brake when yellow light? You might want to think about that for a sec though cause if that were true, I wouldn't be seeing a BMW lodged into the back of an Aurion the other night...
    I meant not every time the yellow lights come up, you hit the brake. Sometimes you think you can get through then you will keep going or speed up a little bit.
    MONEY - no problem. The problem is NO MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post

To make the roads more efficient remove amber and just have red and green, green and red both light up to tell you to stop before it changes to red.

As for the count down light, bad idea.
    Will encourage hooning, since it is a count down to a drag race

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    To make the roads more efficient remove amber and just have red and green, green and red both light up to tell you to stop before it changes to red.

As for the count down light, bad idea.
    Will encourage hooning, since it is a count down to a drag race
    i saw those lights in china before. pretty cool *imo*.

as for encourage hooning, people hoon all the time even without those timers. but a countdown will give people ample warning of an impeding light signal change. also means less idiots sitting on the light after it has turned green.