Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Is there anything thats going to be in place to stop a P Plater from buying something that is under the <130kw/tonne rule but then heavily modding it to 200kw+?

Can't really see the Police/RTA dynoing offenders to make sure their cars are still under the <130kw/tonne rule LOL

Quote Originally Posted by muzukashi View Post
    Is there anything thats going to be in place to stop a P Plater from buying something that is under the <130kw/tonne rule but then heavily modding it to 200kw+?

Can't really see the Police/RTA dynoing offenders to make sure their cars are still under the <130kw/tonne rule LOL
    There would be exceptions for turbo cars which fall under 130kw/ton, e.g. cruise turbo/ fiesta eco boost (don't quote me) etc. Other than that, performance turbos would still be banned (if common sense prevails), whether you can get a cruise or an eco boost car to 200KW+ is a different question and likely not worth while if even technically possible.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    There would be exceptions for turbo cars which fall under 130kw/ton, e.g. cruise turbo/ fiesta eco boost (don't quote me) etc. Other than that, performance turbos would still be banned (if common sense prevails), whether you can get a cruise or an eco boost car to 200KW+ is a different question and likely not worth while if even technically possible.
    I hope so! A totally new/inexperienced red plater with a big ego and a car full of mates in control of a turbo RWD in the rain is a recipe for disaster

I still cant see how power of the car matters at all. I have 47kw in a 700kg car... ~70kw/t and it is easy as hell to loose control of the thing.
    If you put a new driver in my car and let them go, i can guarantee they would floor it coz its slow, turn it into a corner way too fast coz you well... can and the proceed to brake when the rear steps out putting the thing into a massive spin.

Its all about attitude.

Hell, i find controlling a vz ss easier in the wet than the cappuccino, even when its gone sideways.
    Last edited by Chernoby1; 08-08-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Cappuccino, the little kei car from japan.

Someone near my work has one, parks it in the same spot everyday.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    cappuccino is slow even with full mod

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    the more young uns selling their hondas cos v8 fully sik bro, the better

yh nh
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    the more young uns selling their hondas cos v8 fully sik bro, the better

yh nh
    N8 wat u on about you are only 17
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

P platers should only drive 4 pots with a displacement lower than 2000cc(exemptions can be granted to those who really need them)

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    P platers should only drive 4 pots with a displacement lower than 2000cc(exemptions can be granted to those who really need them)
    That doesn't work, as an example a DC2R is 1800cc yet power to weight is higher than an accord or camry etc.

Current model works, they just need to work out the flaws, in essence they just need to ban high powered diesels (but with that being said, most of these cars are euro luxury and has more safety features than say a corolla) and allow eco boost cars.

And they can implement the current model too.

So what you're saying is that it's okay to drive a dc2r because it's n/a 4 cyl and under 2000cc but not an accord because it's 2400cc. Yet the dc2r is miles faster and less safe.

Might as well make all p platers drive Hyundai excels, that will teach them how to drive.