Replacement Headlamps for 2002 Honda CRV Sport

Hi

My headlamps are faded. I realise there is kits from the likes of Repco involving various levels of sanding and some with the UV gel to protect them after you restore the clarity.
    I hear too many stories about needing to keep restoring the headlamps every 6 or 12months despite the UV gel.

So I rang around for a brand new aftermarket headlamp, these

Depo units, I think its part code is 217-1138- , 2nd down on the right column.

http://www.depoautolamp.com/asp/pdf/R_HD_CR-V.PDF

only $118 each compared to $470 ea from Honda.

Has anyone done this changeover? used Depo? other replacement headlamp suggestions?

Or even different headlamp styles but still slot straight in.

I also found these variations on the standard Honda OEM replacement, the two to the right.

http://www.depo.com.tw/asp/pdf/P_HD_...SIGHT_LIFE.pdf

I would upload the image but the forum appears to only allow linking to a url.

I assume the twin projector models though require H7 globes and wiring mods?

Member Array
    Car:
    cr-v 2001
    yep had the same problem with faded headlight plastic covers ,i did the rejuvination kit polish and polish some more but it did work just need a good drill coreless so its not to fast and about 1hour per head light
    came up almost like new and passed a rw test 5 months later and still good so for a few bucks and a bit of time give it a shot i used the permatex brand but i know maguires have just released there version ,around $50 shop around on the phone for prices