Thread: 94 EH9 Question

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 EH9

94 EH9 Question

Hey Guys,

I have recently acquired a 94 EH9. I've been searching around trying to find a definitive answer as there are a few places that say yes, and some that say no.

Basically I want to upgrade the lights to projectors and HID's as the normal Halogen globes suck, and I'm used to my 300 that has them. I've found these: THESE that I want to install, but I cant find an answer as to if they will fit correctly. While searching I found this car-sales add that is the same model as I have with what looks to be these lights installed. I've approached the seller but haven't had a response which I understand as I doubt they want to talk about what or where parts were installed on a car they are trying to sell.

Can anyone help me out with an actual answer as to whether these will fit if I get the 4dr version as I really don't want to fork out $300 for something that wont fit.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    projectors on a eg sedan just look honestly horrid man.. just keep it stock, Iv had H4 HID's in my eg and its cooked the top part of reflector from heat. I understand what your saying by the headlights being majorly bad at light output, but its a 20 year old car man..
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    There are brighter yellow bulbs that do help, check them out at supercheapauto. It's also a cheaper option, having your lights aimed properly make a massive difference as well.
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by archon View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have recently acquired a 94 EH9. I've been searching around trying to find a definitive answer as there are a few places that say yes, and some that say no.

Basically I want to upgrade the lights to projectors and HID's as the normal Halogen globes suck, and I'm used to my 300 that has them. I've found these: THESE that I want to install, but I cant find an answer as to if they will fit correctly. While searching I found this car-sales add that is the same model as I have with what looks to be these lights installed. I've approached the seller but haven't had a response which I understand as I doubt they want to talk about what or where parts were installed on a car they are trying to sell.

Can anyone help me out with an actual answer as to whether these will fit if I get the 4dr version as I really don't want to fork out $300 for something that wont fit.

Cheers
    They will fit. The only headlight difference between the 2 door and 4 door egs are the corner lamps; they are slightly different on the hatch as the fender is also slightly different. With a one piece headlight like that there is no problem.
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    be careful of the one piece design as it says there that they are for both 2door and 4door, and as glocker pointed out the corner pieces on the hatch and sedan are different sizes. Ive been caught out with buying one piece lights that i thought would fit my sedan but they don't. There's about 1 inch gap between the guard and the corner when i line them up with the bonnet/bumper, or you can push them in so it lines up with the guard but then none of the bolt holes line up
    After that i got myself a set of DENJI headlights, can't complain about them, no dramas going on 4 years
    Old pic but you get the idea

And then you can install whatever bulbs you feel like
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Quote Originally Posted by Boban View Post
    be careful of the one piece design as it says there that they are for both 2door and 4door, and as glocker pointed out the corner pieces on the hatch and sedan are different sizes. Ive been caught out with buying one piece lights that i thought would fit my sedan but they don't. There's about 1 inch gap between the guard and the corner when i line them up with the bonnet/bumper, or you can push them in so it lines up with the guard but then none of the bolt holes line up
    After that i got myself a set of DENJI headlights, can't complain about them, no dramas going on 4 years
    Old pic but you get the idea

And then you can install whatever bulbs you feel like
    Nice Denjis! Btw don't denjis only take H3 bulbs? I was considering them but the H3s bulbs turned me off as they have low light output compared to H4s.
    WP PB 1:15:03

i got a pair of denji angels myself. the h3 bulbs are not low output. you can put different watts and a range of kelvin in depending on your ballast. i think 15w is lowest?

i'm running 15w 4500k bulbs heaps bright but not blinding to others cost me $10 a set. my ballasts rated at 50W max i have good slim ones.

the higher the kelvin the lower the visible light. i would not go more then 6000k (small blue tinge)

i think 3800k is stock halogen bulb for most cars but notice these bulbs are 35W in general

if you like the white look of most modern cars go for 4000-4500k bulbs. i think the ballast can handle 120w bulbs on newer cars i know some modern bmw use 120w hid systems which make their headlights look so hot

but the most your stock eh9 harness can take in terms of watts is probably 55W (stock halogen high beam usage) for a safe limit. so if you were to get a hid kit highest i would go is a 50W ballast anymore and it's a bit risky may melt your wires.

or if you want to use higher watt ballasts you'd probably have to upgrade your existing harness.
    Last edited by Mkx; 16-02-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 EH9
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies, been a huge help. I've given the car a good once over and found a few things I need replacing.
    I'm needing both the front a rear discs with new pads. As well as both rear wheel bearings/hub assemblies.

Would anyone have the part numbers for these?

depends who you getting it from some makers use different part numbers as i found when i replaced rotors and pads recently

i used brembo website as a guide to see which size rotors i needed ( there are ones for abs and non-abs ).:

http://brembo.mycarparts.net/#

as for brake pads you could use bendix catalogue website to see which pads you need.:

http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue

there are other manufacturers out there just do a quick search (eg. ebc, hawks, ferrodo)

or you could ask your local auto store or honda (aftermarket is usually cheaper then dealerships) or you could do a search on the web most of the time you will find it.

this goes for hubs and bearings as well.

personally i wouldn't go buy the cheapest stuff on brake related parts. they tend not to work very well and i don't want to risk my life like that.

just do some research on whatever brand it is you are going to purchase before you buy for peace of mind.

in my case i bought RDA blank rotors and bendix ct pads. $250 roughly front and rear together installed myself.

my brakes do not fade in cases of occasional spirited driving, continuous downhill braking or peak hour traffic. i find it perfect for my daily commute.
    Last edited by Mkx; 17-02-2014 at 11:33 PM.