Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    No one. No one at all??

if it doesnt workout. sell your engine...

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    yeah... no

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Alternator Is fukd. Once u get the car started
    Test the alternator by putting load on it and see how much battery's voltage drops with the lights on. A/C
    Rear demister ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Before you go thru the loom. I'd change the battery terminals and make sure u get a new negative battery Cable with new terminal.
    Clean all earth contacts and see you u go.
    i usually give him shit, but he could be right. Dropping in voltage and then gaining the voltage back generally means it is making bad connection thus dropping out/in.

It is a swap so usually people can **** there connections up wrong when putting it all together, I know i had a problem similar to this. Everything was making continuity but it wasn't till i look at some of my connections i realised one was just making enough connection to make the continuity but not to charge. Go through all the connections relating to your alternator and disconnect them and have a good look at them. It wouldnt be the alternator obviously because it still is charging at times.

edit: for me one of the cables from the charge harness to the engine bay fuse box wasn't making a good enough connection.
    Last edited by tripleuse; 25-08-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I'm about to go through and check all the loom is spot on and carrying current correctly.
    this is killing me :/

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I've been through the loom about 5 times today. i cant see any errors in the loom and i cant find any snags in it that could be shorting out.
    all connections look fine too. Guh!!!!
    Unless someone has an idea I'm giving up on it. This is getting ridiculously frustrating.

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    I've been through the loom about 5 times today. i cant see any errors in the loom and i cant find any snags in it that could be shorting out.
    all connections look fine too. Guh!!!!
    Unless someone has an idea I'm giving up on it. This is getting ridiculously frustrating.
    Your loom will be fine, it is charging and dropping out,Its not shorting out or else it wouldnt work. it is the connections from your loom that will be the problem, They have a poor connection. Check your crimps and connections.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Started up this morning and ran fine. Seems to work perfectly in the cool weather and shit or no start in the hot. The hell??
    Drove it to auto electricians and almost felt like a retard handing it over to them while running so well

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Just got a call from the auto electricians. apparently he has spark but the injectors are no longer pumping. the hell??

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I feel so lost with out my car here. It's so weird being in the dark as to what progress is being made on it. Whether there is anything good with it. How long is it gonna take. Do try have any idea what it is.
    Tell me this things. I'm going crazy!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    I feel so lost with out my car here. It's so weird being in the dark as to what progress is being made on it. Whether there is anything good with it. How long is it gonna take. Do try have any idea what it is.
    Tell me this things. I'm going crazy!!!
    problem finding takes a while, be patient we have all been through it.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    they don't want it. he said he could fix it but because it is a honda and a swap it could end up being a couple thousand. Super!!
    but have diagnosed an issue with temperature. It starts fine in the cooler temperatures but has issues in the heat.
    Is this related to a fast idle??