Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    No wiki's or net info here just many years of dyno knowledge on what works best on Honda setups.
    Not you - the thread starter lol. I know you know your shit

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I use a 60mm on my B16A CRX. Perfect size IMO.

I wouldn't use a 2" on a B16A though. On a D16 sure, but B16 I'd go 2.25" up to 60mm.

B18C 60mm-63mm.

K-series has long been proven to make more power with the 3" than a 2.5-2.75".

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I use a 60mm on my B16A CRX. Perfect size IMO.

I wouldn't use a 2" on a B16A though. On a D16 sure, but B16 I'd go 2.25" up to 60mm.

B18C 60mm-63mm.

K-series has long been proven to make more power with the 3" than a 2.5-2.75".
    Some nice advice right there and your opinion is very good when you cam up a B16a bigger than a ITR style cam 65mm exhaust works very good with a very well designed header.
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows

I'll try and find those dyno printouts you want as evidence to show where you might be wrong. From an AE111 dyno day, iirc most of us like me used 2.38"/60.5mm [FGK PG] while another guy got a HKS Super Dragger off a Supra iirc which was 3.34"/85mm and you want to know the result, loud noise =/= good curve or peak output... Drove the car later confirmed it was a pig compared to mine...

FYI 4AGE 20V is a 1.6L...

Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    if bigger better just run a 4". Think you could get a extra 10kws

All the dyno paper youve supplied are from bigger displacement or worked K20 putting out 155kws atws.
    Get one on a stock b16/18 and watch the power loss of a 3'' over a correct sized performance exhaust.
    This...

When you're working with Force Induction, Large Capacity or Built engine, the parameters of what constitutes as the ideal sizing is far different to that of a small capacity NA engine.

For example even with NA 2L, there are very few stock engines that will benefit from 2.75" [F20C and K20A w/ 215/220PS]. These engines benefit from that because of the aggressive factory specs they have, try this on say a stock SR20DE [165PS] or a F20B [155PS?] and see the results... I can't remember their camshaft specs to show how 'mild' they are in comparison to the F20C/K20A or your examples but you get the point...

The sizing people above and on the internet usually go with are for stock to mild bolt-ons...
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 27-08-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    Some nice advice right there and your opinion is very good when you cam up a B16a bigger than a ITR style cam 65mm exhaust works very good with a very well designed header.
    Well I'm using Skunk2 Pro stage 1 cams atm, not yet tuned, as well accompanying adjustable gears, Supertech springs/titanium retainers, Jun oversized valved, ITR TB/IM, re-welded combustion chambers, enlarged ports etc. RS*R header which is port matched to my head, and the 60mm catback setup with a 100CEL Metal cat.

Do you think I should consider a larger exhaust? Bought my Kakimoto R brand new

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Well I'm using Skunk2 Pro stage 1 cams atm, not yet tuned, as well accompanying adjustable gears, Supertech springs/titanium retainers, Jun oversized valved, ITR TB/IM, re-welded combustion chambers, enlarged ports etc. RS*R header which is port matched to my head, and the 60mm catback setup with a 100CEL Metal cat.

Do you think I should consider a larger exhaust? Bought my Kakimoto R brand new
    I think your setup is on the money I would not change it at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    What alot of people do not understand is Honda engines are different to most 4cyl setups you need to look at alot of things when it comes to choosing the right exhaust for your car with its given engine size.There are so many papers written by text book tradesmen about exhaust size + header design and so on but not one of them has ever tested there idea's but yes it works on paper and in a engine simulation computer program but in the real world its a fail,the sizes I posted before are a general idea of what I have always found to work on Honda engines and in no way am I saying I am 100% correct it just comes from years of dynoing and testing and racing these Honda engines that we all own.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    For a k series all motor ill probly go 3inch

K-series light tune to moderate [NA] better with 70mm/2.75" than 3"... 3" a bit too big for bolt-ons and/or drop in cams + tune.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter