Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Diesel
    Hi Brian

I just bought my Honda Civic diesel (2) weeks ago i am happy with it have not had any problems with clutch shudder done 1500 km , how many km you getting on full tank?
    what brand diesel you using , Shell , Caltex , BP this is my first diesel car what your thoughts? thanks Manuel

Hi Manuel, I dont know what fuel consumption I am getting as at present i only do short city driving. It does appear to be good according to the fuel gauge, but I will do it correctly at my next re fill (one months time!). I still get the shudder on going forward from 1st with a heavy passenger load or up a hill, but I am thinking that this is normal for the vehicle, and that I am being too sensitive! I have to try another manual vehicle (of another make), preferably diesel, but havent come across one yet. I use Shell diesel, I ddint know that there was difference. I also have never had a diesel before. I am still happy with the car.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-fa...-gear-why.html

Mainly for the last gen 1.8 but same kind of complaint.

Fuel economy will be low while the engine gets worn in.

But if you drive mainly on the freeway and are gentle there is no reason why you cant get below 4L/100km.

A chap in the UK done 92MPG with one which is about 3.2L/100km
    Last edited by Grayfox; 28-11-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    sounds like clutch shutter to me

Quote Originally Posted by liberty68 View Post
    Hi Guys

Anyone know best Diesel fuel quality eg Shell , BP , Caltex will be filling up in the morning just done 815km on my first tank of diesel which the car dealer
    filled up when i purchased my Civic Diesel on 11 november 2013 Many thanks

Manuel
    make a different thread for this...
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC