Thread: P-Plater Mods

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury

P-Plater Mods

Hey guys,

I'm a Green P-Plater (P2) in Melbourne. The Vicroads website isn't very clear on what you can/can't do to your car, whether you be a full license holder or a P-Plater.

I'm looking to install a rear sway bar and probably a CT-Engineering Icebox.

If anyone in the know could shed some light on the matter that'd be great.

Thanks

Rear sway bar would be fine - they won't check that. If a HWP opens your bonnet and sees some flashy stuff and he's a bit of a d1ck, you can cop 3 demerit points and a fine.

I recently got pulled over and got done for driving a "modified" car on my probationary license (green P plates too) and I copped that fine and lost 3 points. Bit of a joke I reckon.

Lose 3 points for having a pod vs lose 1 point for going over 8km over the speed limit.

But yeah, I didn't know about that crap and he booked me for it. Says P platers aren't allowed to drive modified cars...

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    Rear sway bar would be fine - they won't check that. If a HWP opens your bonnet and sees some flashy stuff and he's a bit of a d1ck, you can cop 3 demerit points and a fine.

I recently got pulled over and got done for driving a "modified" car on my probationary license (green P plates too) and I copped that fine and lost 3 points. Bit of a joke I reckon.

Lose 3 points for having a pod vs lose 1 point for going over 8km over the speed limit.

But yeah, I didn't know about that crap and he booked me for it. Says P platers aren't allowed to drive modified cars...
    Damn. That sucks. A few idiot drivers just ruin it for everyone huh. Thanks for the info though.

For the CAI, I'm looking at the CT Engineering Icebox. Apparently it looks stock (black plastic) and is quiet if driven normally. I think it shouldn't be too bad.
    I found that it says you can't have engine modifications but that's about it.

If you don't draw attention to yourself, I'm sure you'll be safe no matter what you do to your car ;-)

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    That Icebox should be fine,just dont use sticker on it,keep it plain black

and the swaybar wont be a problem

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Thanks for the info guys. Looking to get both now.