Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury

[CL9] Rear Sway Bar

I've got a facelift CL9. I've been looking around for a rear sway bar, but I'm not sure what to get.

There's only one Progress Sway bar for the TSX on eBay, but shipping for that is a bit steep. Same with on heeltoe. A couple of years ago people were getting them at $250 shipped but I guess it's really demanded anymore. Then there's the issue with it sheering off the end?

As far as I can tell, Selby were popular but are no longer made (something about Whiteline buying them, then selling them or something). There's this by Fulcrum Suspension, but I'm not sure http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au...-swaybars.html

And finally, quite a few people say Whiteline products aren't really quality.

What other options do I have for around the $200-$250 price range? I don't mind going over a bit. It's my daily drive so I don't want something too stiff, but stiff enough to make a nice difference.

Thanks Guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Luxury
    Whiteline make one in 18 and 22mm I think it is. I believe theyre around the $220 mark
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury- stock as a rock. *Stereo now installed!- too much to list but it's off it's head lol

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Whiteline only make the 18mm for the CL9 for $265. It's not bad, but a few people on this forum say that the quality isn't the greatest. Thanks though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I thought Whiteline stopped making the 18mm one. I recall TSX having problems with RSB bigger than 20mm (the shearing problem). However, most on the market are 22mm from memory. Not sure about "quality" though, as it's basically a semi-solid bar, and I haven't heard of any of the bars cracking or breaking. The part that breaks was the subframe of the car, as it wasn't designed to handle such high repetitive force.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury

[CL9] Rear Sway Bar

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I thought Whiteline stopped making the 18mm one. I recall TSX having problems with RSB bigger than 20mm (the shearing problem). However, most on the market are 22mm from memory. Not sure about "quality" though, as it's basically a semi-solid bar, and I haven't heard of any of the bars cracking or breaking. The part that breaks was the subframe of the car, as it wasn't designed to handle such high repetitive force.
    Apparently Whiteline only have a 18mm bar. (The other is not for the euro -Excl Euro). People seem to prefer other brands but I might just get the Whiteline. http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue...cle=12%2F97-07
    Last edited by iRoik; 31-08-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    The part that breaks was the subframe of the car, as it wasn't designed to handle such high repetitive force.
    Avoid stiff sway bars brackets (stick to rubber) and you'll be fine
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I have the whiteline 18mm. No problems with mine. The polyurethane bushes that were supplied are still good even after 6 years.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by iRoik View Post
    Apparently Whiteline only have a 18mm bar. (The other is not for the euro -Excl Euro). People seem to prefer other brands but I might just get the Whiteline. http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue...cle=12%2F97-07
    Might need to check with them. I think it started out with them originally making only the 18mm one, then they dropped that and changed over to a 20mm one. However, I think due to demand, they now have changed back to the 18mm one. RSB for the Euro isn't something they keep making constantly, they usually make a batch, and when it runs low and there's still demand, they make another batch. I suspect that their 20mm batch ran low, so they decided to make a batch of 18mm since people were asking for it. Last year, when I was looking for one, they only had 20mm in stock.

There's nothing wrong with Whiteline, infact, I reckon it's a good choice because you save a lot on shipping. Stuff from the states might be half hte price, but shipping easily adds $200 to the overall cost, making it not really worth while. From memory, some designs had adjustment holes, which made the RSB seem softer or harder (i.e. there were 3 mounting holes on either side, one would make the RSB act as if it was 1mm thinner thus softer, where as one would make the RSW act as if it was 1mm thicker thus harder). If you're a set and forget type, a standard 18mm is fine. I see that the 18mm is now more expensive than the 20mm one though.

From memory, factory bar was 15mm (I think the Auto was 14mm) meaning the 18mm would be 107% stiffer. People who went 22mm would find it was 363% stiffer which is a bit overkill IMO.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 31-08-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Thanks for the info guys. I called up BrakesDirect, quoted $234+$15 shipping to Melbourne.
    I'll probably go with the Whiteline 18mm. It's my daily drive so it should be fine. Plus I don't plan on constantly changing it so I don't need something adjustable.
    Shipping from US is ridiculous because of the size and weight of the thing. Although I'm looking to get the CT icebox from Heeltoe. Something like $216 inc ~$50 shipping...much cheaper than an RS). Unless anyone knows somewhere better?
    Thanks again guys. Appreciate it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Even whiteline have stopped making rsb's for the CL9 D: now. It's been discontinued

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    theres a 19mm one from Ultra Racing
    http://ultraracingaustralia.com.au/i...ory&path=68_96

and a 22mm one from Comptech Engineering (CT-Engineering)
    http://www.ct-engineering.com/Produc...1/Default.aspx

alot of guys say that the stock endlinks snap when upgrading them - so i would look at doing that at the same time
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    theres a 19mm one from Ultra Racing
    http://ultraracingaustralia.com.au/i...ory&path=68_96

and a 22mm one from Comptech Engineering (CT-Engineering)
    http://www.ct-engineering.com/Produc...1/Default.aspx

alot of guys say that the stock endlinks snap when upgrading them - so i would look at doing that at the same time
    Yeah Thanks. I emailed Ultra Racing yesterday.

Does any know if the rear sway bar for the facelift and pre-facelift models are the same?

Apparently the snapping and shearing is only an issue on 22mm and thicker.