Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    they worked earlier,must have expired links

use https://postimage.org/web.php

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Nice and soooth. Same on the other side.

Welded back together.

I WILL FIX MY PICS FROM PREVIOUS PAGE
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    I hurried them up, so they painted the bay on Saturday, coming home later this week.

Lower front subframe bar is still slightly bent, told them to straighten it out. -.-

ETA on getting Project EG56R running: Feb 2017

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    lol still bent
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    lol still bent
    Them wogs!

I WILL make sure that they fix it, and any arising issues. Paid my hard-earnt money!

Actually isn't too bad, just my perfectionist-self wants it too be pulled back into place:

Dec 23th

Babe back home:

Smooth as...
    I'm lovin' it! Are you?

Dec 25th

Installed Honda AC delete firewall plug. (Christmas Day, I at least had to do something, make progress, instead of procrastinating.)

Dec 26th

Pulled out dodgy-ass wired up aftermarket alarm system.

Dec 26th/27th

Vacuumed, then scrubbed the whole bare interior.

I did more scrubbing after this pic was taken. Too much dirt accumulated, especially driver's side.

- Didn't take any pics, but also washed all the seat belts with hot soapy car wash soap, left them in the buckets for a while, then submerged them in hot water buckets for rinsing. Using clamps to stop the retractors from reeling in the belts. I repeated the progress the day after except with dishwash soap this time. All the belts seem to retract slighty faster, except for one, which got worse (-.- - rectractor accidently fell into the bucket of water). Was recommended to use silicone spray into the retractor. I shall try.

As you can see, the clutch master cylinder failed, and the brake fluid ate the paint and became rusty. Sanded off what I could, then WD40'ed the area as a form of rust prevention.

Jan 2nd - Brake discs replacement

So when I brought my DC2R 5 stud to JDMyard for them to replace all them bushings to Hardrace ones, Yonas highly recommended me to replace the discs as well due to the condition of them...

... so I decided with a decent setup consisting of DBA 4000 series T3 fronts and RDA rear blanks:

L (o.o) k at the nice criss-cross finish!

Sorry OCD peeps, yes front and rear discs are different colours. I don't really mind though.

Fitted. Sanded off as much rust off the hub prior, of course.

Top: Rears: EG 239mm vs DC2R 260mm
    Bottom: Fronts: EG 262mm vs DC2R 282mm.

EG's rear trailing arm bushing, one side is completely torn!

So the cover bolster replacement for from Capital Seating in the UK for driver's side Recaro seat came up really tight, 2cm shorter compared to the original bolster. I fitted them onto the seat, but it is waaayyyy too tight.
    Top new bolster foam and bolster cover.
    Bottom is original.
    In contact with them now regarding this issue atm.

Jan 5th

Off comes steering rack, DC2R upgrade instead. EG 3.4 vs DC2R 2.9 turns lock-to-lock. 'F1 inspired steering' is what a review described DC2R's steering. (Will try to find the review.)

Derp, I didn't know that the EG's spindle coupling (sits in between the steering rack and the steering column) is different to the DC2/4's. In search of DC's wrecking...

2014 Tein Mono Sport Dampers EG6/DC2R. Been sitting in my room for almost 3 years, lol. A tiny spider called the box of Tein's its home!

Hardrace V.2 Adjustable front camber arms.

So the EG's service manual instructs to align the anchor bolts, but didn't specify how... so I just copied the stock camber arm, parallel with the ball joint. With a ruler, looking with left eye, then right eye and then both, ensuring that the anchor bolts lined up with the ruler.
    Did I align them right?

(Note: Bolts was fitted incorrectly in this pic, meant to be from the other side.)

Last edited by 3K9; 14-01-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si

Downstar shock tower dress ups:
    I forgot to give these to the guys at the workshop. The original bolts scraped off the paint already :S

Jan 8th

Went to wreckers and took off myself a DC4's coupling. Installed when I came home afterwards.

DC's (left) vs EG's.

Man, that one of two 10mm bolts on the coupling took me 15min+ of loosening using a spanner infront of the driver's seat at the wreckers. The space where the coupling is located is so tight that I could only do like 1/16 turns!
    So much faster in the engine bay!

Hardrace rear adjustable camber arms

Front sussy from an angle:

Test fit them sexy DC2R wheels:

Calipers are off atm. Gonna renewal those +25kw of added MCM powaa. (Respray)

Jan 10th

Refreshed bonnet stay clip with a new one.

Managed to take off the plugs that were really stuck on the loom. Your learn a-lot from mechanics... pry the sides alternatively to get them off.

- Also partially fitted almost relatively new clutch master cylinder (cmc). (Brake pedal assembly fits onto the cmc from behind the firewall.)

Gave her a bit of vitamin d during sunset.
    Notice the positive camber at the rear, haha! I matched the length as to the stock camber arm though. Maybe cos bushing changed + not at the same height are the factors.

Sorry for the blurry pics, I think I have scratched the lens too much. =/

Washed subframe and underneath with the garden hose on 'jet mode'.

Cleaned right infront of windscreen. Afterwards when I packed up, I realised I didn't clean out dirt/leaves out properly on the sides. The next day, I whipped out degreaser to loosen all the 23 year old gunk, with the garden hose on 'jet', managed to hose off remaining stuff.

(Hrs after initial wash, that is just only a bit of remaining gunk I managed to pull out by hand!)

Jan 12th

Installed DC2R subframe lower tie bar:

So I haz two different DC2R brake master cylinders, both are 1". Any difference between them?

Inspected the fuel tank. Very dirty/sandy. Will need to drop the tank to clean it. Don't want the filters clogged with sh!t.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by 3K9; 15-01-2017 at 08:32 PM.

baller

use the bmc on the left - the later model 1" BMC (98-00) have 2x 10mm fittings whereas the earlier model has 1x 12mm, 1x 10mm. you might need to bend the first line a bit too

FYI don't leave the car rolling on the ground without axles installed and torqued. the front wheel bearings need to be torqued and loaded or may cause premature wear. keep it jacked up or install some outer cv's

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    baller

use the bmc on the left - the later model 1" BMC (98-00) have 2x 10mm fittings whereas the earlier model has 1x 12mm, 1x 10mm. you might need to bend the first line a bit too

FYI don't leave the car rolling on the ground without axles installed and torqued. the front wheel bearings need to be torqued and loaded or may cause premature wear. keep it jacked up or install some outer cv's
    Ok, thanks.

^Edited in info about Recaro replacements into timeline.