Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

My Turbo Honda Civic EK1 GLI

So I purchased a Honda Civic EK1 earlier last year and have been gradually working on it slowly building it up for the track, My GOAL IS TO MAKE A cheap reliable high powered D16, something different from everyones K20 and B-Series Swaps.

So far her is the mods list.

- BC Coilovers (height adjustable and damper adjustable)
    - 15 inch Rota Slipstream wheels
    - Bridgestone Potenza 002 tires all round
    - Custom 3” turbo back Exhaust with high flow cat and custom muffler
    - T3/T4 Turbo
    - Intercooler
    - External wastegate
    - ECU
    - K&N Pod filter
    - Slotted and Dimpled Rotors
    - Sparco Sprint V Bucket Seat
    -

So that’s the thing’s I have added to the car, in regards to the things that I have taken out that list is a little bit longer.

- Removed all of the seats other then the passenger seat
    - Removed the Air conditioner and the module + piping and radiator
    - Removed the power steering module
    - Removed the stock intake box and all nuts brackets and bolts to go with it.
    - Removed all engine clips and things that weren’t doing anything.
    - Removed all of the interior paneling from the centre console, and everything in the rear of the car.
    -

So far the fastest time I have done around wakefield park is a 1:13.5 with old tires and a stock motor, (pre turbo time)
    I have not yet taken the car to the track with the turbo because I am yet to have it tuned.

Last edited by fezzy101; 04-10-2013 at 11:03 PM.

This track day was when the car was naturally aspirated.

Last edited by fezzy101; 25-09-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: extra detail.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR EK4
    Nice setup Ive always wanted to boost the d16.
    How reliable has it been, do you drive it daily?

So everything has been perfectly alright, Its not fully tuned yet because i had an issue with my gearbox, unrelated. So that car has been pretty stationary. But so far so good and i dont see many problems in the future, I anticipate ill be making something like 120kws at the wheels with 4-6psi or boost. That will be the safe tune before i go and get bigger injectors and E85

Just got myself a Stage 2 Heavy Duty Clutch to deal with the extra power. Also here is a couple of images of my custom exhaust, screamer pipe.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Save the sohc lols +1
    SingleCammerJammer

You know how it is mate, SAVE THE SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    When are you going for a tune?
    OEM parts whore

Its already in the process of being tuned, My tuner is working on hacking the computer system so that the Adaptronic ECU that were using works with the car. At the moment its not reading the engine sensors so once that is done the car will start and then the real fun will begin.

Ill keep everyone updated.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Sounds good, how much power are you expecting, 120kw?
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Mate awesome build ! 1.13 non turbo aint too shabby ! Love the SOHC Turbo Combo !!

What stud pattern and wheels are you running, I ve got some 16x7 16x8 5x114.3 Enkei's with track rubber that im gunna offlaod in the next month, REAL CHEAP, I've also got some EBC REDs front pads (NEW) that I mistakenly ordered DP3812/2C , if they fit ya car you can have for free.

I have been informed by my tuner that I can make something in the region of 120kws with very low boost. 4-6psi I should be making about 120kws ATW. Then when I get bigger injectors and some other bits and bobs ill crank it to 11psi. and i should be making about 140-150kws. (stock internals) Note the car weighs about 850kws, so still better then a b swap, so far.

Im running 4 studs at the moment but im looking to do a DC2R Hub conversion very shortly my priority is to get the turbo working and reliable first.

Break pads, thats awesome. That would be sweet to have for when mine start to wear from the track days. I appreciate it