Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R

3 points for displaying wrong P's?

Hey I'm a red p-plater and today I was pulled over driving my sister's car which had green P's displayed cause she's on her green P's.

The officer gave me a $149 fine and 3 demerit points, is this normal? I was expecting maybe 1-2 but seriously 3? Is there any way to dispute this WITHOUT going to court? or do i just have to cop it.

It is 3 points. Wrong ps or no ps; is same.

Only way to not get it is to go to court and fight the whole thing.gg.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Next time you would think about displaying your P's properly after this now right?

If so they have done their job properly.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Assuming you are influenced by the punishment, then probably yes.
    Or maybe you can be a stubborn fool like me and not do it because i dont agree with it on principle... in which case GG to you.

Also, note that if you have any plates up and are on a full lisence they CAN give you 3 points too.

Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post
    Hey I'm a red p-plater and today I was pulled over driving my sister's car which had green P's displayed cause she's on her green P's.

The officer gave me a $149 fine and 3 demerit points, is this normal? I was expecting maybe 1-2 but seriously 3? Is there any way to dispute this WITHOUT going to court? or do i just have to cop it.

Grow some balls and pay for your mistake. We've all been there !

Must have been a real pain in the neck to the police for them to hand out 3 points, happened to a friend of mine and he was super respectful and honest with the officer and got off with a warning.

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Nah it was an honest mistake, wasn't trying to get away with anything. It was my first time ever being pulled over in 2.5 years of driving, I was really polite to the cop and asked if we could negotiate the demerit points and he said it's set and there's nothing he can really do about it. Just thought it was a bit unfair, but the law's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post
    Nah it was an honest mistake, wasn't trying to get away with anything. It was my first time ever being pulled over in 2.5 years of driving, I was really polite to the cop and asked if we could negotiate the demerit points and he said it's set and there's nothing he can really do about it. Just thought it was a bit unfair, but the law's the law.
    You could take it to court and get some sort of leniency due to good behaviour - but at what cost ? (Legal fees and time) .
    Not worth it !

If you've never had a driving offense, your first point of call is to write a letter to the officer that ticketed you explaining your good driving behaviour, ask them for leniency and that it be recorded officially as a warning.

The next step is to take it to court and show cause as to why you believe the penalty was to harsh, I'd argue on the grounds that you're a P plater and never have lost a point and that a 3 point offense puts you on grounds where if you get another traffic related offense you could lose your license. I'd then state how this could lead to undue hardship due to the fact that you wouldn't be able to get to work. I'd use this particularly if you live in a state where there isn't a good driving behavior bond.

Either way any decent magistrate is going to chuck it out, at worst they'll make you pay the fine but not record the points.

Just represent yourself, traffic offenses are really easy to defend, if you have any problems get a free legal consulation and/or ring legal aid, they'll pretty much say exactly what I did particularly if it's your first offense.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Lol, just cop it sweet, unless you like wasting your time at the court. Think about it, you gota dress up go to go court, wait in line for idiot drink drivers and hoons to finish their case, then you get your turn. Then you ass kiss and pay court fee's and what not thats required. IF you mess up, Judge has the power to increase your punishment. Court is a kunt of thing to do, i'd just cop it.

And how are you still on your red's if you have been driving for 2.5 years??
    Go get your greens or are u no being honest to us and have been suspended before?

And also lets not forget how much the govt likes its money, this is going to cost you either road you take.

Also forgot to mention, you will have to attend twice. 1st attendance will be just to get a date for your case to be heard, and the line for this is OMG specially if housing is near your place lol.
    Last edited by amant02; 28-09-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Lol, just cop it sweet, unless you like wasting your time at the court. Think about it, you gota dress up go to go court, wait in line for idiot drink drivers and hoons to finish their case, then you get your turn. Then you ass kiss and pay court fee's and what not thats required. IF you mess up, Judge has the power to increase your punishment. Court is a kunt of thing to do, i'd just cop it.

And how are you still on your red's if you have been driving for 2.5 years??
    Go get your greens or are u no being honest to us and have been suspended before?

And also lets not forget how much the govt likes its money, this is going to cost you either road you take.

Also forgot to mention, you will have to attend twice. 1st attendance will be just to get a date for your case to be heard, and the line for this is OMG specially if housing is near your place lol.
    yeah i'm probably going to just take the points, and i've driven 2.5 years cause I brought my first car before I turned 16, been through like 6 cars since then. Obviously driven unlicensed.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Karma is bitch