Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus112 View Post
    I found a 2.5" cat back setup on eBay for roughly $120 postage included. It had a hotdog resonator and also what I assume to be a straight through muffler with a tip on it. No details on the muffler itself were given though, only that it was infact included and welded to the 2.5" piping with mounts/hangers (specific to the car) welded also - with a 4" tip.

Any thoughts? Baring in mind the minuscule budget and desire only for a deeper note and not huge performance gains, that is...
    Why not do what we suggested? With the a new air intake
    Piping would only be $30? And a pod filter another $20?
    Don't buy ebay crap...
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus112 View Post
    I found a 2.5" cat back setup on eBay for roughly $120 postage included. It had a hotdog resonator and also what I assume to be a straight through muffler with a tip on it. No details on the muffler itself were given though, only that it was infact included and welded to the 2.5" piping with mounts/hangers (specific to the car) welded also - with a 4" tip.

Any thoughts? Baring in mind the minuscule budget and desire only for a deeper note and not huge performance gains, that is...
    i can guarantee that it will not give you a deep sound

more like a tinny raspy swarm of bees honda sound
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    look heres what it is;
    an intake wont give you an exhaust sound so if you spacifically want an exhaust note then dont touch the intake. but intake noise is the best.
    if you want your car to sound like shit then take the ebay unit but if you want a subtle low exhaust note then buy or build a catback with a quality center and rear muffler. if your looking to save money then you can use crush bend mild steel for the piping..
    you need to understand that the low deep rumble is a byproduct of a quality high flow but well muffled exhaust system.
    the other option is to download an mp3 of the tone you like and play it lowed when u go cruising to the city.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    the other option is to download an mp3 of the tone you like and play it lowed when u go cruising to the city.
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Daveho is on the money. Quality exhaust makes a good note. What state are you in? Croydon exhaust fix does awesome custom work cheap