Optimal wheel size for EP3

Hi guys,

Looking at getting a new set of wheels and was wandering if anyone knows what the limit is with the stock set up?

Done a search and could only find tyres, which people are saying 225 is the widest you can go without scrubbing.

Thanks guys.

What wheels are you planning? Then we can tell you the largest tyre you'll be able to run on stock camber arms without scrubbing

On the stock 17x7 +45, wouldn't recommend any wider than 215/45. The increased sidewall flex from 225/235 could dampen steering response, and will throw speedo out too much
    Last edited by charliebrown; 28-09-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Go 1" high 2" max, but make sure you lower the profile size of the tire to keep rolling circumference the similar to avoid speedo issues.

Thats the thing. I am after optimal rim size not tyre size. If I know I can go 17x8, 17x8.5 etc I can look for wheels in those sizes

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by EP3TYPER View Post
    Thats the thing. I am after optimal rim size not tyre size. If I know I can go 17x8, 17x8.5 etc I can look for wheels in those sizes
    It's not just diametre and width. You also need to factor in offset. No such thing as "optimal". Do some research and look up other people's build threads to see what's been done and decide for yourself what you think looks best.

Start with RPS.13's build thread on here. He's been through a few wheel set ups.

Looking at running 17x8 5 all round at this stage on 215 or 225. Want to avoid any scrubbing..
    If I ran a 9inch wide wheel. Would there be any issues on either or both front and back? ?

17x8.5 +30 225/45/17 is common. You can pull it off with rolled rears, rear camber kit and front camber bolts. Dial in something like -2.5f/-1.25r should be decent
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Plenty of issues mate.

Things to do before you go 9 inches.

1. Leave your car stock height and you wont have any issues except it will have a mexiflush fitment.

or get these done

1. Coilovers
    2. front camber tops or camber bolts
    3. rear camber arms
    4. modified tie rods/steering arms
    5. rolled guards
    6. trim plastics

This also depends on the offset and tyres you're planning to run

If you're sitting on stock standard height and suspension can you run 17x8.5 on 215 all round?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    theres a guy with my old wheels whos currently sitting on spoon springs and running 17*9 with 215/45 and doesnt scrub.