Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK CXi R
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post

His on a budget, i just believe handling, brakes and the daily drive-ability should come before chasing any gains from the motor. Hence why i reckon rims and tires and he said he needs new tires.
    I agree with this point, handling and being able to get power to the road is important.
    I struggled to get anywhere with my EK - B18C7 as crappy old tyres that had plenty of tread but had gone hard meant spinning them up at most any RPM from the lights. I always had to crawl away. With such poor tyres and unable to get power down it was like the LSD didn't even exist. I don't even want to remember how it was in the wet to retype it here. Getting coilovers and stiffening the car up with bracing and adding a rear sway has made it feel so much more different from the rolly and boat like car it used to be.

also last time i checked a reconditioned b16 gearbox goes for 1k. What tell him to buy 2nd hand? We all know about b series box's weakness that comes with the k's. I have made the mistake of putting an s80 vtir gearbox in my em1 before, I know the s4c will give him the power delivery his after, without opening his motor.
    $1k does sound over priced to me. I have managed to find and purchase a spare S80 N3E box in excellent condition for $900. I can only assume that the B16 box would be cheaper. But if it's refurbished and paying for labour to install it too I can see how the price can blow out. My spare N3E is sitting in the shed; ready to go if i break something after track days.

its your money op you decide how u wanna use.
    This is true and something that I tell friends who want to"know" which direction to take with their car...

To the OP... It's YOUR car, YOU own it, YOU decide which way to go. There will always be people or haters telling you that you've done it wrong or you should have done it differently. Take what we say here with a grain of salt and do what you want to and roll with pride!

And finally ... POST PICS PLZ!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    GSR (VTiR) IM will not fit the other heads, all the heads are interchangeable but the IMs are not, i think its t do with the b18c2 having dual "plenums"? for better venturi effect.
    so they will not bolt up.

for 3.5k couldnt you have your head ported and shaved (to increase comrpession a lil) and replace your head gasket, plus get the blox/skunk2 IM+TB for a "GSR"

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    amant02,

ITR IM fits B16A, but not the C2. Long time known fact. The Skunk2 IM for C2 is basically an ITR manifold with the appropriately shaped ports for the C2 head.

Quote Originally Posted by tmk93 View Post
    im thinking of going 4.9FD
    cams and a hondata
    if I can fit that in my 3.5k budget im currently looking around online
    Hondata + Tune will set you back at least $1,100-1,200 together. You can fit the cams into your budget but not the 4.9FD. Take your pick I guess... My money would be on the 4.9FD or B16A box ($500-700 is the right price for a B16A box) both will cost you similar money.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    GSR (VTiR) IM will not fit the other heads, all the heads are interchangeable but the IMs are not, i think its t do with the b18c2 having dual "plenums"? for better venturi effect.
    so they will not bolt up.

for 3.5k couldnt you have your head ported and shaved (to increase comrpession a lil) and replace your head gasket, plus get the blox/skunk2 IM+TB for a "GSR"
    I'd consider this but you need to be mindful of how much you take off the head with regard to V-to-V and V-P clearances. I've heard it's excellent for the B-series to take some off and bump the comp, really gets them going according to Craig. But this is somewhat labour-intensive and would probably lead to a full head rebuilt with the porting etc. IMO with a head you either go the whole way or don't bother. Full valvetrain and cams, porting etc, VRS, proper machining or just don't waste your time and money.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Guess learn new things everyday.

I truly do believe the gearbox + tires and rims will give OP the best bang for buck performance with dollars left over in his pocket.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Lightweight rims year, maybe save a few KG.

Tyres should be a priority for everybody before anything else.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    following the same logic then the same gains could be made by just getting decent tires and striping the interior and saving money on the wheels. honestly if the total budget was 3.5k firm and you where never gonna do anything elce i would be looking for second hand supercharger, tune and tires.
    but that wont give you a well rounded car...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    two bottles of nitrous, big ones
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah I'd just go a cheap turbo setup TBH.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    now that ive wrote that i would prolly actually would spend the money on suspension...tbh
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02