Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by tmk93 View Post
    im thinking of going 4.9FD
    cams and a hondata
    if I can fit that in my 3.5k budget im currently looking around online
    wouldnt bother with cams on a stock c2. Wouldnt be much of a gain for the money spent.. If you were serious about building i would suggest b20. Just bolt on mods and tune the c2 and you should have a fun car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    not the best advise here^^ IMHO
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2
    off the top of my head I have 4-1 plm narrow headers to a 2.5 inch b pipe and fujitsubo muffler, a short ram
    and also have 10.6mm leads coz my old ones died

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by tmk93 View Post
    off the top of my head I have 4-1 plm narrow headers to a 2.5 inch b pipe and fujitsubo muffler, a short ram
    and also have 10.6mm leads coz my old ones died
    Swap the short ram out for a CAI and run 68mm throttle body and S2/Blox intake manifold. Bore the manifold's throttle opening out to 68mm to match the throttle. Drop in some decent cams (+valvesprings/retainers if required) and get it tuned by someone reputable, you should see some very nice performance.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    With 3.5k,

B16 gearbox will do you wonders for approx 1k (this should be 100% to get, as you already got lighter fly and heavy duty clutch i presume) This will get epic performance as the vtir s80 needs to suck a big one.
    New rims approx 1.2k
    Descent Tires $600ish

the left over $700, i would look into getting the car up to date, vrs kit diy? new cv boots? shift boots? maybe new shocks and springs? whatever needs doing that's normally over looked tie rods etc etc, piston rings if yours is burning oil.

TBH, not being a dick. $3.5k is not alot of money when it comes to playing with cars.

intake manifold from the c7 is also really good bang for buck!

if you are going to work the motor, all things from c7 stock will fit, cams, cam gears, valve springs, retainers, pistons, cranks etc etc, if your looking to build on a budget.
    Last edited by amant02; 05-10-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    With 3.5k,

the left over $700, i would look into getting the car up to date, vrs kit diy? new cv boots? shift boots? maybe new shocks and springs? whatever needs doing that's normally over looked tie rods etc etc, piston rings if yours is burning oil.
    really...shift boots and a vrs kit.....
    TBH, not being a dick. $3.5k is not alot of money when it comes to playing with cars.
    depends i b swaped my eg for that and made a massive diffrence

dosnt fit on a c2 head...

if you are going to work the motor, all things from c7 stock will fit, cams, cam gears, valve springs, retainers, pistons, cranks etc etc, if your looking to build on a budget.
    not worth the effort of swaping in something only a little better, buy something thats a significant improvment
    ....yeah
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    grouce thread mateys
    Last edited by u mad?; 06-10-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Omg.. Where to start..?

With 3.5k,

B16 gearbox will do you wonders for approx 1k (this should be 100% to get, as you already got lighter fly and heavy duty clutch i presume) This will get epic performance as the vtir s80 needs to suck a big one.
    B16 gearbox for $1k?? These are meant to be a cheaper alternative to the ITR gearbox, I would expect around $500-$600 at the most :/

New rims approx 1.2k
    Descent Tires $600ish
    Even though it would be worthwhile expenditure, This has nothing to do with swapping an ITR engine or building a B18C2.

Not sure what you mean by shift boots here, but in regards to the piston rings, you can't really just 'change them'. Most of the engine needs to be disassembled and the bearings need to be changed, the cylinders need honing, plus new seals/gaskets for anything you had to remove. If you were paying someone to do this it would cost more than $700 by itself. The other thing to consider is that if you have disassembled the entire engine, is it really worth only changing the rings? This would be the absolute BEST chance to get performance worth paying for by using better internals.

I see your point, but $3500 is sufficient to build the engine head with cams, valvesprings, retainers, guides, seals and machining/5 angle valve seat cut. This will exceed the stock output of the B18C7 with ease.

As Dave mentioned, this does NOT fit B18C2 head. That's what the Skunk2/Blox manifold is for.

I have to agree with Dave here, in the end you're basically swapping in a B18C7, and still only seeing a light improvement comparatively to building up the C2 to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra-GSi View Post
    a B16 conversion might cost you $1-$1.5k if you pay someone to do it, or less if you do it yourself.
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but does this mean a B16 gearbox swap? in which case I say again, where are these $1-1.5k figures coming from? That's ITR gearbox money! haha

Ok I don't want to come off sounding like a dick or anything, but some of this is not the best advice, and a little unrealistic. I think I read somewhere suggesting changing to lighter weight wheels for more power-to-ground. This is not a BAD idea, but it's not going to make a difference to the power output, seriously.
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 05-10-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Swap the short ram out for a CAI and run 68mm throttle body and S2/Blox intake manifold. Bore the manifold's throttle opening out to 68mm to match the throttle. Drop in some decent cams (+valvesprings/retainers if required) and get it tuned by someone reputable, you should see some very nice performance.
    easily best advice in thread.

easily.

take note op.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    the amount of mind fcuk here is

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    not the best advise here^^ IMHO
    explain why.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Not to be rude,

Swear i have read somewhere that all honda b series is interchangeable, I was planning to buy a itr intake mani and put it in my b16a2. I have seen alota builds using this. Thought it would've been the same for the c2.

His on a budget, i just believe handling, brakes and the daily drivability should come before chasing any gains from the motor. Hence why i reckon rims and tires and he said he needs new tires.

also last time i checked a reconditioned b16 gearbox goes for 1k. What tell him to buy 2nd hand? We all know about b series box's weakness that comes with the k's. I have made the mistake of putting an s80 vtir gearbox in my em1 before, I know the s4c will give him the power delivery his after, without opening his motor.

Plus these are performance modifications. Dont forget he will need 1800 min for ecu + tune that alot from his budget already if he opens the motor.

Not trying to start a war or anything, just trying to explain myself.

its your money op you decide how u wanna use.