Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To Install a DC2R (24mm) front swaybar into an EG Chassis (Will also cover replacing swaybar endlinks

Required: DC2R Front swaybar
D bushes+brackets to suit
Grease
6mm hex key
14mm + 12mm Combination Spanner, multiple are useful
14mm + 12mm socket + Nessecary extensions (2 sets can make the job easier)
Jack
Jackstands
An EG to put it on
*A mate is also really helpful here, unless you are a pro weightlifter, it gets pretty uncomfortable/heavy*

Steps:
1) First jack up the car to a fairly high level, and secure with jackstands, and block the rear wheels
2) Begin by taking off your catalytic conveter, this should be located directly below your swaybar. Remove this completely and set aside for now.
3) Using your 12mm spanner or socket, remove the bolt on the end of the shift linkages on the gearbox side (See pic)

Secondly, remove the bolt on the other linkage on the shifter end

I found that by doing it this way (and not removing the entire linkage) made it easier, as I didn't know how to remove the pins. BUT, this is a good opportunity to also upgrade your shift linkages to DC2R ones (like I have already installed), in which case you would have to do this.

4) Loosen the old D-Brackets to the swaybar (excuse the phone pics), but don't remove completely

5) Move to the endlinks now. I first installed it and later realised they were Fu(ked so had to change them, so these pictures are from when the swaybar was already in, but you get the idea
Begin with the new endlinks

To remove the old, begin with where the link attaches to the LCA. Using a 12mm (I think) on the bottom, and hold the 12mm of the endlink above the lca with an open ended spanner once these are removed from both ends, remove the d brackets and manouvere the old swaybar out of the car by moving it back and forth down the shifter linkages.

6) Compare the swaybars and stretch those arms

7) The old eg endlinks cannot be used, as the mounting is angled differently (as you can see above) So from here (if your dc2r swaybar didn't come with endlinks, you need to attatch new ones so skip to step 9, if it did, continue to step 8

8) Removal of old endlinks -
There is first a 6mm hex key (see useful tools list picture), which you need to hold while you undo the 14mm nut. the endlink should then easily come off the swaybar. Hopefully it doesn't look like this

9) To install the new ones, simply apply the concept of fitting is the opposite of removal, although, the hardrace endlinks don't have the hex head, instead, they have a 14mm nut behind it to stop it from twisting (sorry, bad description here) so fit these to the swaybar on either side.

10) Grab your bushes on the swaybar and give them a good greasing on the inside (where rubber meets swaybar). This prevents annoying squeaking later down the track.

11) Get back under the car (better with a mate) and lift the new swaybar up onto the car. Loosely fit the d bracket onto the car (only a couple of threads or it will make it difficult to fit the endlinks)

12) Manouvere the endlinks into position, with one rubber bush on each side of the LCA (as it was when you took off the standard one), and fit the nut to secure it in place

13) Tighten the d brackets and the endlinks

14) Re-fit the Shift Linkages

15) Re-fit the cat and any other parts that you've removed ready for a test drive

16) Once the car is lowered onto the ground, recheck the nuts and tighten as nessecary with weight on them

17) Test drive and check for any noises or pulling of the steering and it would be recommended by some to get an alignment afterwards

18) Post your feedback! I'd love to hear how you find the swaybar, im really undecided on the difference!

Other comments