Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Haltech is a full stand alone engine management. You will need to get a Sprint and wire it in
    hence why a hondata is being suggested. its a piggyback per se and doesn't require anything extra.

end of the day it comes down to what rackcity wants lol. the haltech would be an exceptional piece of gear if you go down that path, no doubt. but time and $$$ required is a big factor
    Last edited by carayan; 19-10-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    SSpamily

hehe

Im not looking for big gains, this is a first big project of mine and I would like to just go for the best bang for buck options.

I would like the keep the engine block pretty much stuck and run low boost as well as e85 if possible.

Since hondata is a piggyback, I'm guessing it would be way cheaper than haltech.

What ecu would be best suited for the DOHC ZC, i know a list was posted previously but i dont know how to translate that to the audm civics.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    the problem i have found with haltech and microtech etc is that the cold starts and idles are sometimes... umm shit but with a daughter board system like hondata you are only making adjustments rather then starting entirely from scratch and TBH even if u aint tune i recon the hondata as a diagnostic tool is awsome
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    the problem i have found with haltech and microtech etc is that the cold starts and idles are sometimes... umm shit but with a daughter board system like hondata you are only making adjustments rather then starting entirely from scratch and TBH even if u aint tune i recon the hondata as a diagnostic tool is awsome
    Haltech comes with preset base maps, just like your Hondata, so you are still making adjustments instead of completely rewriting the ignition compensation tables for cold starts.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by RackCity View Post
    Im not looking for big gains, this is a first big project of mine and I would like to just go for the best bang for buck options.

I would like the keep the engine block pretty much stuck and run low boost as well as e85 if possible.

Since hondata is a piggyback, I'm guessing it would be way cheaper than haltech.

What ecu would be best suited for the DOHC ZC, i know a list was posted previously but i dont know how to translate that to the audm civics.
    Hondata isnt a piggy back system, its a chip replacement for OBD1 ECU, Hondata S100, S200 (discontinued) and S300 are all chips at the end of the day, same with neptune and chrome, were as Apex-i Power FC and as mentioned the more expensive stand alone AEM and Haltech, all are true stand alone

A greddy E-manage is a true piggy back as it intercepts the ecu signals going in and out of the ecu and changes the values allowing for tuning for boost, bigger injectors, timing etc etc, infact this applies for all piggy backs

Stick to what ever ur tuners most happy with and comfortable using, pointless us telling you OP that this an this is better without consulting the guys who will actually tune ur car
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC