Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by SUS-EK1 View Post
    yeah man like , sometimes i get it and sometimes i dont its not a constant thing, i first thought it was just shit fuel like from servos
    cause when i filled up on the m4 i got good kms didnt get no lag ,, so yeah not to sure ill try clean oout the tb , and yeah i think theres a bit of oil in spark plug wells,
    owned the car for about a month now 200,000kms +
    but yeah hope that helped more
    Use thicker oil to stop the oil getting into the spark plug wells and see if that helps, for now just drain the oil through the block, by undoing all the spark plugs
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

i recently done a full service (gearbox nulon synthetic oil , engine ,filter , sparkys ) so ill wait for the next one try something thicker ! thanks for suggestion

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Change the spark plug seals, they're about $15-20 each from Honda I think. Easy job, just take off your rocker cover, pop out the seals, new ones in (no gasket glue), cover back on. Half hour job easy.

Don't worry about using a thicker oil. To remove the oil currently in there get an air compressor, wrap it in a rag, and shoot compressed air into the cavity so the oil splashes up into the rag and gets caught. But generally this causes bad misfiring and the engine runs rough as guts, not exactly what I'd call a 'laggy midrange'.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Oil in spark plug wells..... change the valve cover seals. Buy the Kit they go under $80 bucks i think. I had the same issue. This was the fix. Its just part of maintenance, my car was on 150xxxkm when i had to change

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Oh and be careful if you degrease/spray your engine bay. If your spark leads are old and don't seal properly over the plug cavity then you'll get water in there.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I would do the whole lot while im there, easy diy and adds bling to your engine bay. Plugs, Leads, Seals, Would also check valve adjustment since the cover is off (if your game). Probs 1-2 Hour DIY if its your 1st time.

hate to sound negative but ive got the solonoid seal , rocker cover seal done as well as dizzy o ring already fixed and replaced!
    ill try and clean sparkplug well though

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Lol, check your valve stem. You hit Vtec Alot dont you. If you clean its only bandaid fix. The oil will come back there.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    oil blow by is a common issue with b series. valve stem seals are normally to blame especially over 200,000km. dont worry about it to much unless your opening the engine anyway.
    for the lag. jump the service port, at running temp and check the ignition timing
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    If any power issues I always check my basics first.

Air
    Fuel
    Ignition & timing

My bet is Fuel & Ignition. Check your fuel filter --> When on the final process of taking the fuel filter out, put one end of the fuel filter on a white cloth so that fuel spills onto the cloth. After that, risk your life and give the fuel filter mouth-to-mouth so it blows out the other end of the cloth.

If you see dirty fuel (this picture is between bad and average) then change your fuel filter. Then check it again after between 0 to 1000km' (I did it after a few highway runs). You might want to get the Injectors cleaned if filter was very bad. (P.s if the filter got dirty again, you will have to buy a new one again)

Ignition I only have been checking the distributor cap, rotor, spark-plugs, & spark plug wires. I simply just buy all of them at once (they're cheap). But usually because of old Spark-plug wires.

Timing is important so I've got my mechanic to check that. They inspect with a timing light & check the tension of the timing belt etc etc

These are just a few amongest the other thousand ways
    Last edited by DC2-PWR; 13-10-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

thanks heaps for that , appreciate it will do champ!!

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    sorry if I missed it earlier, but what mods have you got?
    part time potato