Member Array
    Car:
    BA7

BB1 Prelude Overheat

My JDM BB1 overheats on idle. After I got the engine and tranny out replaced the t belt water pump and seals around, put it back and bled the coolant (both fan comes on) and it's fine, but 2 days later as I was sorting out some other issues and start the car, it overheats in couple minutes (I have the heater on), upper radiator hose is very hot but the lower radiator hose is just warm, so I took the thermostat out, test it in boil water it works, and start the car without it, and this time I didn't turn the heater on coz I want the engine to warm up quicker, it took much longer to overheat but still the fans won't come on even the temp way pass half, both upper and lower radiator hoses are very hot, lower hose temp's lower, and the strange thing is when ever I turn the digital climate control on ac/heat, the temp quickly went over the half till red, and the fans are only on when ac's on and the temp wont drop, I did a compression test when temp's half, it has 210-225 across 4, and coolant's clear oil's clean and no white smoke at all, theres couple bubbles initially comes out of bleeding funnel, but after that the coolant stay still, I shot a vid this afternoon:

btw at 6:28 the fans are still not on
    any suggestions?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    sounds like your fan switch, replace it.
    OEM parts whore