Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vtir exhaust

Hybrid View

Vtir exhaust

Hey this might of been covered but just looking for opinions/experiences
    But just wondering what's peoples thoughts on custom cat back (2.5) pressbend
    any gains , is it worth it ( quoted 300$ ) , is there a real difference with press and medirel bend , etc

I know my friend has a fujitsubu exhaust with toda headers and with the butterfly vtec you can hear it engage at the early mark ( not full crossover ) wondering if other exhaust produce the same?
    Cheers , serious suggestions appreciated

That 300 dollar deal sounds good just get a hotdog muffler in the middle with that you should hear noticeable vtec crossover or you could get the custom 2.5 and put a good muffler like skunk2 or apexi

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    My thoughts?

Waste of money.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    just chop out a resonator

dat hectic sound for 100 bucks
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Mandrel bends are better than press bends because the diameter of the exhaust pipe stays consistent through curves due to the stretching technique, whereas press-bent systems have narrower diameters in the curves due to the pipe being pressed/crushed.

Mild steel = low/throaty sound.
    Stainless steel = high pitched/raspy sound. Stainless more durable/longevity than mild.

rather axel straight pipe :L , obviously with an exhaust I will get some what better flow
    Ohk I see I see power wise between the two , do you think its noticeable with the different bending styles ?

Member Array
    Car:
    integra dc4
    Go for 2.5" if you are planning to turbo.
    I have a custom 2.25" catback with hi-flo cat and a twin loop muffler on my dc4. Sounds awesome. Its not too loud that it attracts attention but still gives it a nice tone on idle.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Do not buy a press bent system. Huge waste of money.

What's the point of having a 2.5" system if the diameter drops to 2.25" or even 2" on the bends?

Generally if a shop is wanting to do press bends on your custom exhaust I would expect the rest of their work on the system would be sh*t too. i.e. crappy material, poor welds, not using flanges etc
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Do not buy a press bent system. Huge waste of money.

What's the point of having a 2.5" system if the diameter drops to 2.25" or even 2" on the bends?

Generally if a shop is wanting to do press bends on your custom exhaust I would expect the rest of their work on the system would be sh*t too. i.e. crappy material, poor welds, not using flanges etc
    On a stock bseries the biggest gains from mandrel vs press bend are in the muffler shops cash register

if you think mandrel bends is making hektik moar kilowatts youre a banana

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    On a stock bseries the biggest gains from mandrel vs press bend are in the muffler shops cash register

if you think mandrel bends is making hektik moar kilowatts youre a banana
    whats the point in buying a sh*t exhaust

srs

if you just want sound change the muffler.

bananananananananana
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    They rust.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    From the couple of fabricators I've spoken to who actually make exhausts the general consensus is that up to about 2.5" it's fine to press-bend but once you go to 3" or larger the bends just crush the pipe too much. Otherwise no biggie.