Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P28 or S300

P28 or S300

Hey guys,
    I just recently purchased a DC2R with a little work done to it. I just found out yesterday that this car was running all it's mods on a stock ecu hence it was said that it had a reflashed ecu. Anyways getting to the point I need to buy a ecu for the car now and I just wanted to know the difference between a S300 ecu and a P28 ECU, all I know is tat the P28 comes out of a civic vti. Please do enlighten me with the information that I need. I will be buying the ecu and tuning it also (obviously, but just a heads up haha).
    Thank you

Btw guys I was told to buy a P28 for my dc2r.
    Thanks again.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 B18CR
    P28 is only stock OEM ECU
    The s300 is a plug in module to the OBD1 factory Honda Engine Computer (ECU) which vastly expands the capabilities of the factory ECU. Forced induction, datalogging, real time updating of parameters is the best tuning chips go into P28 chips board.

what i can see here you got told to buy a packages of Hondata S300 that has been install into P28 ECU.
    Last edited by Monetz; 24-10-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Exactly haha that's what I got told. Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a S300??

you need them both lol... s300 chip em in p28 ecu
    h2b all motor- RIP
    FN2 -RIP
    GTI- RIP
    A 45 AMG -RIP
    C63 C205

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by shepparton View Post
    you need them both lol... s300 chip em in p28 ecu
    and also a 3 Bar sensor to replace the oem if ur boosting as well

And OP BTW, jus FYI, all cars from 96 - 98 are OB2a ecu's from the factory which u "can" so be reflashed, but obd2 chips all use a one time flash chip, which is pointless if ur always upgrading engine parts and need a tune, hence why obd1 ecu are the way to go, as they have provision to allow for a chip that u can access and reflash anytime anywhere for mods, if they told u its a reflash its gonna b a OBD1 ecu chipped or a stand alone ECU of some sort.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Hondata S300 is not an ECU. It goes inside the Honda OBDI compatible ECU (B, D series ECU's) and makes that ECU tunable

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro
    Your DC2R is OBD2a & it is extremely unlikely the ECU is modified in anyway.
    To use Hondata S300 system, you will need the following:

P28 ECU
    Hondata S300 kit (fitted to above mentioned P28 ECU)
    OBD1 to OBD2a crossover loom.

Contact JDMYard for these - probably instock

Thanks guys just purchased my ecu so now just need an adapter...btw guys bit off topic I just got my clutch rreplaced about 4 pm today haha, and umm the car started to crunch into 4th gear while I shift at 4200 rpm on third. Would you guys help me out? Please
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaGee View Post
    Thanks guys just purchased my ecu so now just need an adapter...btw guys bit off topic I just got my clutch rreplaced about 4 pm today haha, and umm the car started to crunch into 4th gear while I shift at 4200 rpm on third. Would you guys help me out? Please
    Thanks.
    Try creating another thread in different section for seperate issue.
    EG

Alright man thanks for the heads up

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What modifications has your engine actually had done to it to require a new ECU?