Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a

bboyzells CRX Build

Hi All, i have been mainly keeping progess on the CRXaus Forum but have decided to also start posting it on here also to get everyone up to speed on its mayor events.

Complete Build is on here
    http://www.crxaustralia.com/forum/fo...zells-gen2-crx

How it was when i first purchased it back in late 09.

The List of problems was quiet large;
    Wiring; rear battery mount; extreme lack of paint; interior extremely rough and painted...; etc ; etc; no vtec

After Around a Month or so i finally had the exterior up to a respectable state.

After getting it on the road i discovered quiet a few problems.

Need Another o2 Gauge instead of the single one there
    Extremely sus on the ECU running in limp mode after 5 min of driving
    Must Quieten the beast down. too much noise for a Daily Driver

Figured out there was only 1 o2 sensor, it didnt have a Cat, and also the VSS wire was frayed and bringing up VSS error.

After about a year of having it on the road it hit a Rabbit on the SA Highway -_-

Which brought the car to its second stage;

After a Complete rewiring of the car, which had it off the road for about 6 months, a new radiator & thermostate (discovered it had one stuck open) it was back on the road.

I then replaced my front rotars with some slotted ones, and also replaced the front cross member with a traction bar and also changed the rear subframe (where the powersteering rack runs) due to it cracking

Bad Crack on top Right hand side

I had got keen doing ghetto sound deadening also

Which no brings me to more recent times, i purchased a spare crx for the interior and little things also brought a body kit.
    Superintendant Chalmers "What's the point in having a Honda if you can't show it off?"

Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a
    The Spare crx i have grabbed some goodies off and sold the rest (still selling parts)

I got my leaking sumper gasket sorted out also

have leather wrapped the top half of my interior and installed a stock CRX passenger seat

Also installed a rear strut brace from the spare crx i got.
    Superintendant Chalmers "What's the point in having a Honda if you can't show it off?"

Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a
    The last few months i change it from being the 18" chromies that i had on there from day 1, to being some much better fitting 16" ROH rims, overall much better fit and no tyre scrubbing

Then on tuesday, which was a public holiday for victoria. it was a great day for painting and then done my first ever spray job (done all the prep work and what-not before but never used the gun)

Got the primer down just fine and had some great sun to bake it

Applying the basecoat went pretty well with no real drama's

The Clear was alright, run out of hardener tho while doing it, but finished spraying everything.

The following morning i couldnt help myself but install the front bumper to replace my crap current one
    And this was the result:

I also did some modifications to the stock cyber2 bar also, to make it a replica mugen bar, In the next week or two i will be getting a new exhaust and more mesh, currently it all looks too short..

Currently im awaiting some good weather to then install my Side Skirts, Will be re-clearing my cyber bonnet and getting some mugen door cars and this car will be set for the exterior

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    nice...
    keep it up

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    nice work looks great again
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a
    Going though my phone i found some older pictures of the crx.

This is after it hit the rabbit and was backyard repaired

Here is a couple of pictures of it today, swapped my side skirts yesterday and also put on the carbon bonnet, turned out the bonnet doesn't like b16, it was taken off a ED9 with a D16, but the bonnet is now hitting the engine.

Booked in for a new exhaust this thursday so should be looking pretty sweet and sounding good

Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a
    On the weekend went to the Casterton Street Drags (1/8Mile)
    Again this year i was the only honda, and only FWD.

Pictures were taken by my mate; orginal source
    https://www.facebook.com/DFPAD

Had 5 runs in total but wasn't until the last that i was finally getting my launch going well.

Here is a picture of the timeslip of that last run i did, beat another XD Falcon V8 over the line, but i broke out..
    Which i wasn't too worried about being i got the best time i have ever had in the honda!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Thats awsome...
    If it wasnt sooo far,.id.love to.come.up for the day

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Excellent work man. Good to see a Gen2 being fixed up

Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a
    So it has been a While since last update

im too lazy to come here and spend most my time on Facebook and not the forums

Here is my collection of spares before i moved house (still for sale lol)

Got myself a new car too, my Daily is a 2003 Forester XT, with plenty of space

Since i moved i got the black CRX parts car sent to scrape

Getting Eaten

I did a Dash Cover update to 90/91 from the 88/89 Cluster, Very happy with how it turned out, tracing the pins to do the swap wasn't too hard either

Finished Product , i can finally see my dash leather instead of hiding it under my dash matt!!

I Also removed my ebay special traction bar, and replaced it with a Innovative traction bar, wish i brought this when i got my ebay one, due to the AU/US Dollar conversion it now is..

Out with the Old

Also notice the chasis twist/tear it did, that i needed to get welded up being 27 years old will do that, when you use tow hook mounts for a cross memeber

My New Bar (sorry no installed shots) overal its much tougher and uses the factory mounting locations, which is what i needed

And this weekend i wanted to continue my leather, so i have started to do work on the rear half of the car!
    From this

DIY Round 1

Turned out ok, looks worse in the pictures, but then again never done this before (yes i did use glue too)
    Last edited by bboyzell; 13-07-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R / S2000
    good to see you still have the crx. keep up the good work

nice!
    Innovative Traction Bar!