Member Array
    Car:
    EK

96 accord VTI engine swap into a ek

got a 96 accord VTI just sitting there and was think to put the engine into my ek. Good idea? Suggestions?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Are you referring to the F22B? I personally wouldn't waste your time. You are better off doing a B or K swap for the money and gains you will see from it
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Yer f22b. are you saying I'm gonna see no difference with it??

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    You will see a difference from it VS the stock D15B, but for the trouble you will go thru to swap the F22B in, a B18 or K20 / K24 swap will see much better gains
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    yer I know B or K will be better but I got a accord just sitting there so it will cost me nothing

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuls1 View Post
    yer I know B or K will be better but I got a accord just sitting there so it will cost me nothing
    It's gonna cost you alot more than nothing
    Mounts, header clearance ODB1 - OBD II if the accord is a 94
    Wiring harness, pedals, everything man
    If you were game throw in a H22a4
    The accord F22b1 engine has VTEC.. BUT ITS FUEL ECONOMY
    The only thing it'll get you is better torque for daily driving
    Oh and it WILL be illegal to register engine to chassis as the displacement of the f22b is more than 20% of the d15/16
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    It's gonna cost you alot more than nothing
    Mounts, header clearance ODB1 - OBD II if the accord is a 94
    Wiring harness, pedals, everything man
    If you were game throw in a H22a4
    The accord F22b1 engine has VTEC.. BUT ITS FUEL ECONOMY
    The only thing it'll get you is better torque for daily driving
    Oh and it WILL be illegal to register engine to chassis as the displacement of the f22b is more than 20% of the d15/16
    In fairness he needs it to be engineered.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    so if I put in the F22B ill need parts to support the the engine?

If you are bored and have spare time / lots of patience, yes you can do it on the cheap.

The wiring is what most people would consider the most difficult thing, but if you basically stripped the car, and then rewired everything from scratch, it would be fine.
    While it may sound simple, most people find rewiring a whole car a daunting task as lots of things will be difficult to troubleshoot unless you know how the entire EFI system works.

Im have no idea about the accord or ek, but things taht will make the swap very difficult:
    F the ECU in either car does anything other than Egnine Control. IE older cars had the gauges/window controls/demisters/ect all on separate (and thus self sufficient) circuits. Newer cars tend to push these signals/information through the ECU and control things like that. So if the EK is expecting a signal to tell the window to go up and the accord relies on the 'window circuit' to just do it, clearly your going to have an issue.

One of the trickiest ones are where both cars are 'ecu controlled' but have different signals/protocols. Its at that point that most people find it easier to swap over pretty much everything electrical.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    uhh ok thanks