Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 FD2

2011 Euro Luxury Stock 18" Tyres

Hey guys,

Tyre got completely torn apart on the freeway over the weekend Nearly got slammed from behind after my tyre blew while I was going 100.

Originally car came with Michelin Primacy HP's. Went to check out replacements, but they were $400+!

Can any recommend a decent replacement for these? Hopefully looking to spent under $250 though.

KU31s are pretty bang for buck if you don't do much spirited driving, if you do then go for RE002.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 FD2
    Ah forgot to mention that this car rarely gets driven. At most it gets driven once a week and definitely regular/grandpa driving.

I'll look into those two fillit, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpire View Post
    Ah forgot to mention that this car rarely gets driven. At most it gets driven once a week and definitely regular/grandpa driving.

I'll look into those two fillit, cheers.
    Kuhmo KU31s or even KU27s are pretty budget friendly options if you're only using for granny driving and they are harder compounds so will last longer.

Check out ozzytyres for cheap tires, they run specials now and again, just factor in $80 for fit and balance to the cost.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 FD2
    Ozzytyres doesn't seem to have the KU31 for my size

Tyresales has them for $242 including fitting.

Might have to do some shopping around, but it might not be worth it if I'm only buying a single tyre and only saving a few dollars.

It's best to run tires in pairs, but I suppose for granny driving it's not worthwhile.

Have you considered checking some wreckers, they might have singles with tread available from the cars they get in.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    They are 225/40R18 ain't it?

There's a place in Campbellfield that sells MOMO outrun m3 tyres for $125 each fitted.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    Have you considered checking some wreckers, they might have singles with tread available from the cars they get in.
    It's actually not my car, but I'll see if they want to actually do shopping around wreckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    They are 225/40R18 ain't it?

There's a place in Campbellfield that sells MOMO outrun m3 tyres for $125 each fitted.
    They're 235/45R18.

Would you happen to know what this place is called? I'm in Thomastown so that's perfect

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    The wheel gallery
    1830 Sydney road Campbellfield
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I like RE002.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

I have KU39's on mine and they're good.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar
    Hey ICU2, hows the wear on your KU39s? I'm looking for some replacement cu2 tires.. both the ku31 and 39 have some poor reviews wear-wise, and I'm assuming you drive your car harder than I will.