Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dc5 type s help

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by IntegraTS View Post
    http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/resea...&Ridx=0&eapi=2
    http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/resea...&Ridx=4&eapi=2

Why does it say under 'Standard Equipment' that the Type S also has Limited Slip Differential? So confused.

I have a Type S and found a Type R Lsd for cheap, does anyone know if it is worth installing ?
    No the Type S doesn't come with LSD.

IF you happen to find one cheap and you plan on changing clutch and such then it is worth while putting it in. What I did when I changed my clutch, made a hell of a difference.

Like I've said many times the real only major difference between a Type S and an Type R is the name and the LSD the Type R comes factory with. Everything else is really the same and not noticably different.

Also as Admant may have said the Type R may be 1/10 of a second faster but that 1/10 of a second will be more judged by the driver skill than the car itself. During my time in the Honda scene I've seen many Type S shit on Type Rs and vice versa in relatively standard modded cars with bolt ons, the major difference in these cases were the driver.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra type s
    When you say it 'made hell of a difference' what exactly could you notice after putting in the lsd?
    I'm getting mine second hand for $250 and someone in Springvale said that they can put it in for me for $350 so all up its $600 :/

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra type s
    Can you notice more power going to the ground?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    You don't really know what an lsd does do you? It doesn't increase power dude. In layman terms it's how your torque is distributed when the car detects wheelspin relative to another of the front wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    I am assuming this is a backyarder?? Who is this in Springvale?

Find out what an LSD does and you will figure out why an LSD is important.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Tbh in all honesty I have a m factory in my s n if anything I felt power loss but when I say this, my car isnt wheel spining as much nd is griping more but my ass dyno says its not as quik due to the more smoother acceleration

the reason the type s is heavier is due to a sunroof 2 extra airbags and air con if they arnt things you want then go the type r as far as the power goes chances are there going to be on 130,000+ kms really some cars can be down a shitload of power by then if there not taken care of so realistically u can have a type s with a shitload less power than a type r due to a harsh life vise versa. just try and find 1 that has been taken care of i have a type s and i find no need for a lsd just invest in decent tires and you can take off like a rocket and leave a corner full throttle without wheel spin also if ur thinking on modding ur honda to a point where this could become a problem then you will be wanting shorter diff gears and properly a stronger diff anyway so just invest a lsd with them already