Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dc5 type s help

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    The type s is slow.

Power to Weight ratio is only like 110kW/per tonne. Which is really nothing. There's a reason why its a Type S and not a Type R.

That power to weight ratio, if your looking for power an em1 will be just as fast.

Type R power to weight DC5R - stock is like 126kw/per tonne.
    The weight difference is only 70 killograms. How on earth did you end up with a result for 16kw difference per tonne?

OP. Like many others have said. They are both neck in neck and are the same in terms of "speed". The only real difference is that the type r has LSD and recaros. Even if you heading to track the type s is more than capable.

At the end of the day choose it based on your taste of the look you prefer more, don't just buy a type r for wank factor "bro i have a type r must be fast".
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

R comes before S, so R must be very car fast

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    The weight difference is only 70 killograms. How on earth did you end up with a result for 16kw difference per tonne?

OP. Like many others have said. They are both neck in neck and are the same in terms of "speed". The only real difference is that the type r has LSD and recaros. Even if you heading to track the type s is more than capable.

At the end of the day choose it based on your taste of the look you prefer more, don't just buy a type r for wank factor "bro i have a type r must be fast".
    Jimmys rustled. All those benny wasps must've stirred him up.

This bloke has owned both before. He speaks truth.

Does the lsd offer much noticible difference?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    imo you need an lsd to have fun in a fwd (depends what your definition of fun is though..)

In saying that i've never drivin a type s, can't imaging it would have the best corner exit power down lol

But as others have said, depends on what you want out of the car, can't really go wrong with either car as long as they are well looked after, can always change lsd if you buy a type s later on down the track, can do final drive, clutch and flywheel while you're at it.

Seriously go and organize some test drives man, thats the best way to do it, get a feel for both cars.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    OP, Buy the Type R if you want a race car. Buy the Type S if your after a daily.

The type s is newer then the R.

LSD will make a good difference. If you have the dollars, buy the Type S, when the clutch change comes around invest in a LSD or buy the DC5R gearbox.

You can read w.e everyone has to say about my posts, at the end of the day the type r is a faster car out of factory. (if your racing for the 10th of seconds)

For LSD there are a few good treads already, use the search, I think Mfactory or Qualife are the choice of the community atm. Ill be upgrading my LSD when my clutch comes around. OEM don't like to trashed for a long period of time.

Even thou people say type R is the wank factor, the red badge does mean something at the end of the day. There is also a reason why Type R is worth the same as a Type S in todays market. Even thou the Type S is newer.

Also to correct myself.
    Type R Power to Weight - 126.7 (W/kg)
    Type S Power to Weight - 125.2 (W/kg)

Type R still wins, with a weaker motor.
    Last edited by amant02; 14-11-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks for your comments guys, i think the thing i wanna know from someone with experience is that if you put your foot to the floor in a type s will it go pretty hard? and also any cars that can compare to a type s would be greatful
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    can't believe this shitty debate still goes on............

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRichardson View Post
    Thanks for your comments guys, i think the thing i wanna know from someone with experience is that if you put your foot to the floor in a type s will it go pretty hard? and also any cars that can compare to a type s would be greatful
    cheers
    Seriously buddy, they're both going to feel the same especially if you're asking us this question rather than test driving it. Everyone's 'feeling' is highly subjective and there's no way you'll be able to accurately gauge which is better since you're talking about less than a 5% difference in power. In terms of their torque curves, you won't notice it either. The people who throw numbers and power figures around for these two cars are just comparing an apple and a slightly newer apple. Tastes the same but the newer one costs a bit more.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Omg mate I own a type s havnt havnt lost to type r dc5 yett. And Iv raced tuned R aswell. Truth is there minimal differences. 70kg I dont think would be noticable in a car .its like sayin ur car loses a noticable amount of power for filling up fuel..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra type s
    http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/resea...&Ridx=0&eapi=2
    http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/resea...&Ridx=4&eapi=2

Why does it say under 'Standard Equipment' that the Type S also has Limited Slip Differential? So confused.

I have a Type S and found a Type R Lsd for cheap, does anyone know if it is worth installing ?
    Last edited by IntegraTS; 15-11-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Don't take Redbook as gospel...

Its usually reliable for basic information [Weight, Chassis Code, Engine Code] but outside of that beware lol
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter