Baffled sump for B18c

Hi All,

I have an EG with ITR drivetrain and will be hitting thetrack soon.

a) how important is a baffled sump on these cars?
    b) best sump options? Spoon looks ok, I believe the Mugen also has vertical baffles too

Be good to hear from those who have actually circuit raced

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    I've always believed in being safe than sorry, so I run baffled sumps on my cars. Especially considering they are not that expensive, where as if something went wrong from not running one it would end up in thousands of $$ in damage. But once you start hitting the track and running semi slicks they become a lot more important due to the extra cornering forces you will be able to achieve.

I've got a Mugen one on my EK9 and a Moroso one on my ED6 track car. Mugen one seems to be an OEM one with some baffle plates welded in where as the Moroso one is a whole new unit. Honestly they seem pretty similar to me and the Moroso if half the price.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    What about those weld in plates you put into a standard sump, are they effective?
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

i ended up buying the baffle plates and will get them welded in, as above this is what the spoon/mugen sumps are effectively just a lot more expensive.
    Erred on the side of caution as i will be running sticky tyres on the track and rather not fork out for an engine rebuild right after buying the car!

You can also look at Accusump for additional help with oil system management
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Ozhonda Trader Array
    I use and recommend Moroso , as they have great products and great experience . They also have a wide variaty of products to choose depending on the application . They also have (in most occasions) also plug-ins for temputer gauges etc. and many more otpions .
    www.extremeprojectworld.com
    Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer! View Post
    I use and recommend Moroso , as they have great products and great experience . They also have a wide variaty of products to choose depending on the application . They also have (in most occasions) also plug-ins for temputer gauges etc. and many more otpions .
    didnt like the fact you need to remove the clutch cover on the b18c personally...

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    didnt like the fact you need to remove the clutch cover on the b18c personally...
    Hhhhmmmmm
    SSpamily

You can just run a b16a flywheel cover instead.

I run standard sump in the B18c, haven't had any problems on the track with loss of oil pressure. This is running with new semi slicks.

I also have installed a remote mount filter and oil cooler set up with approx ~3m -10AN hose, still didn't cause any problems. I might put one in when I do a rebuild but so far no issues.

thanks for the feedback, bit of cheap insurance for me
    getting welded in next week before track outing

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    For next time, SPOON BAFFLED OIL PAN [B16A or B18C] + NEW OEM Oil Pan Gasket + HAMP OIL FILTER $376.17 Shipped