Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro

Brake light switch and VSA

Hey guys,

I've been getting VSA ! light come on a lot recently.
    I do have 18" wheels and from reading the thread the culprit could be

1. Wheel Sensor
    2. Brake light switch
    3. Brake Fluid

Now, the VSA light most of the time comes on when I have my foot on the brake, or am in the process of braking. This morning the car was in a stationary position and even when I just pushed the brake pedal down the VSA light came on.

Does this mean it could be just the brake light switch that needs replacing? I don't even know what it is really but just read it on other threads. My brake lights are working fine though, would it still be an issue? Otherwise I'll be changing my brake fluid as well.

Thanks
    IN NSW WE TRUST

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    It could be the brake light switch. Try to borrow a switch from a friend's euro before buying a new one.
    I had similar problem with the VSA staying on, not realising that brake lights was not working for a week. Replaced the brake light switch, brake light works and VSA light problem solved.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    Don't know anyone with a Euro unfortunately, my brake lights are working but it could be just faulty
    I will be changing the fluid first as it needs to be done and see if that does anything.

Thanks for the reply champ.
    IN NSW WE TRUST