Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

putting ek4 front sway bar into ej8

Hey guys,

After establishing the fact that an ek4/em1 front sway bar won't fit onto an ej8 directly sadly, I was wondering if getting a dc2/dc2r endlinks will be a another alternative compared to getting ek front lower control arms and shock fork.

Thanks
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK hatch, DC2
    why doesn't it fit ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ej8 front lcas are 2 piece where as ek/ems are one piece. Found out you cant use dc2 endlinks so i'm going to pick up ek4 front lca off a mate
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?

couldn't you use one of those universal adjustable endlinks?
    1st CLASS
    Bored? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-street-build - B18 EG5 Track car BUILD.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    ej8 front lcas are 2 piece where as ek/ems are one piece. Found out you cant use dc2 endlinks so i'm going to pick up ek4 front lca off a mate
    Just to confirm, are the EJ8 LCA's the same as EG / DC2? If so, you'll find that the front pivot bolt in your car is wrong for the EK LCA. The EG / DC2 uses a 12mm bolt here, and the LCA's have a sleeve to accommodate this, whereas the EK LCA's use a 14mm bolt. this is the main reason you "can't"* use EK LCA's in an EG / DC2.

* Note you can actually use EK LCA's in an EG, but it takes a bit of stuffing around. I have a pair in my EG subframed EK, and it took some mixing / matching of aftermarket bushes and crush tubes. Fortunately I run an EK and EG, so the surplus parts will come in useful in the future.

Also, you say that the DC2 end links won't work with your LCA's and EK4 sway bar. Why is that? Are the connector types different (ie vertical double rubber bush at the bottom, horizontal ball socket and pin at the top) different, or is the positioning of the end links wrong?