Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

b16a2 in search of more vtec powaaaaaaa

hey guys just need help on finishing off my list ive already got I/h/e + hondata s300 and running 105kw I just recently bought 00 itr cams,h22a injectors,blox 68mm tb which I will be port and matching to the stock manifold I need help with the rest

#unsure if I need
    bigger fuel pump
    fuel pressure reg
    or anything ive missed

and can straight drop in the itr cams without changing the valve tran by keeping the rev cut to 8.200 rpm? and also im port and matching the manifold myself is there anything I need to know before I start grinding/how much can I grind before I wreck my manifold

if anyone could give me more info would be much appreciated thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    injectors are a waste of money, they are. same from memory.

spending so much money when turning off the aircon would get better results.

thanks for listening.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    re the manifold port matching, bolt ur tb to it and draw a line were u will be grinding. And keep checking it as u go making sure you are on the mark. It would be a massive pita if u had to have it filled in and starting again lol. Its pretty easy, just don't rush it.

If you are serious about making more power then consider swapping to a 2lt b20, and use your existing parts to complete a b20vtec.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    u mad save the day with the good advice. i must spread rep around cause he said something good before...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

IMO above setup won't reap much
    Should of looked at more aggressive camshafts that can be run on a standard bottom end - replace all valve work and then add at least a LSD or itr gearbox , plus lightweight flywheel plus then your tune- should be a good
    Kick more . Nothing devastating but a
    Great loud peppy car to drive

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    68mm throttle will be a little big for this, you will be reaching full throttle earlier than really (not a good thing, loss of throttle resolution).

I've used ITR cams on B16 valvetrain before - not by choice, it worked and we didn't notice anything strange, I can't really say yes/no or take anyone elses opinion until the spring rates are measured really.. I'm sure this info is around on the net, if it is post it up and i'll see if I get time to calculate it.

Got a CTR intake manifold if you're interested

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    Got a CTR intake manifold if you're interested
    Please clear your inbox
    SSpamily

Cleared

Ozhonda Trader Array
    When you say a little more VTEC ? How much hp are you looking for ?
    Porting and polishing a manifold or head is NOT so easy as it may sound and look !!! Also the B16 intake manifold is really awesome and has shown really good results even with high profile cams and turbo applications . The CTR intake is really good as well but for 1.8lt-2.0lt or 1.6lt high compression with high profile cams and more .
    This is dyno prooven . Honda manifolds are really good from factory (depending on application)

You can use the stuff you have already but as bennjamin has said , wilder cams will be way better . Also you will need adjustable cam gears , to time it correctly and get the maximum out of the engine .
    A good clutch kit to get your power to the ground , as well as a lightweight flywheel will help the car a lot .

I can give you some packages , options , advice depending on the hp that you are aiming .
    www.extremeprojectworld.com
    Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    ^ This