Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06

Double DIN head unit installation

Hi guys, i have seen multiple setups where people install an aftermarket double DIN head unit in the glove compartment of their accord euros. I am relatively new to these installations and was wondering if anyone is kind enough to give me a rough installation method for this project so that i do not lose the climate control features in the stock head unit. Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I personally wouldn't do this myself.

If your confident all the best.

You will need a headunit which supports the steering controls.

You will need trim removal tools.

You will need knowledge of electronics

I would just save myself the hassle and pay a professional to do it.

Please solder and use oxygen free thingos that you melt onto the exposed wiring.

Hard to believe but 1/10 cars burnt, is due to faulty wiring in their sound system.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm just curious how i should install my second head unit,
    without losing the functionality of my stock head unit for my climate control settings.
    How should i be wiring the system so i could have this functionality intact?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    I would like to achieve this: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-in-CL9-Euro-D

Does anyone have any idea how i could install the head unit while keeping the factory head unit reading the climate control settings.
    Is there a way i have to wire the two head units together to make this work?

Member Array
    Car:
    05' Accord Euro
    I believe you can buy a splinter harness that splits the signal and power from the input to your head unit, keeping it powered whilst having an aftermarket head unit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    Does anyone by any chance know what this splinter harness is called or where i could get one?

Quote Originally Posted by camspeld View Post
    Does anyone by any chance know what this splinter harness is called or where i could get one?
    Did you ever get this sorted? Im in the same boat trying to work out how to wire up a harness or even buy one. I have a aftermarket headunit working perfectly but I just want some power and lights going to the stock one for climate controls.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Split 12V, 12V ACC, ground and illumination wires from the stock harness to a new male connector and the HU connector.
    Dimmer wire should go directly to the male connector, although I think the only difference that makes is that if you have the dimmer on max, the display will no longer dim with headlights? Maybe also does the reverse? Hardly useful either way.
    Also a MICU cable. No idea if it is used or not, but probably safer to wire that to the male connector to.

So, female connector to male/new HU connector. Male back into stock radio. If you have a Honda->ISO then it could be tricky. Best to buy a female to bare wires, male to bare wires and use the stereo's bare wire connector. Use solder and heat shrink tube to join. Note there are no SWC connectors on the metra harnesses though. Can order 2 female harnesses and swap over pins or if you are using pre-outs, reuse the speaker pins.

HVAC controls should work as usual after that.