Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg

94 eg vti hatch leaking water

hey everyone - so ive recently picked up a white 94 EG manual vti hatch, its super clean all stock and low ks , I was really happy with the purchase as I love the look of the 5th gen hatches and especially cos its white and manual too!

anyway after 2 weeks of owing it and quite a few days of heavy rain I noticed the front carpet on both the passenger and driver side would be soaking, i pulled it all up and realised there was clearly a leak somewhere,

first thing i did was check the sunroof drains were working properly, dropped the headliner, the passenger side drain was blocked, drivers side was not, cleaned it all out using garden hose and compressed air that was all sweet, thought yeah that should solve the problem... well it kinda did, the leak on the passenger side carpet stopped but didnt on the drivers side

next i went to the windscreen, i took the cowl off, and using really slow pressure on the garden hose would slowly go along all the edges and look under the dash to see if anything would drip, finally noticed that by placing the hose in the bottom RIGHT had corner of the windscreen the leak on the drivers side would show, by this point i had taken the drivers side fender, cowl and windscreen wipers off to get better access ..

From what i could see water would NOT come into the cabin unless you placed the hose right into the corner of the windscreen, so being a 20 year old car i suspected the windscreen gasket was probably the problem..

so i decided to replace the windscreen and get it resealed thinking that should be it!!

so now ive got a brand new windscreen + sealant installed professionally, sunroof drains are clear, no obvious signs of rust.... and the ****er is still leaking from the same spot!!

have i missed something? has anyone had a similar issue on their eg? ive tried searching but i cant seem to find any info about it, or most things i come across are leaks on the passenger side not the drivers side

its literally driving me up the wall!

if someone could please help me out

cheers

Member Array
    on the outside of the car, there are windscreen wipers, take them off, then with that big black peice, take them out - around 9 plastic things u need to pry off and most likely replace if you break them (easily broken).

take that off and on the passenger side there is probably a bunch of leaves and dirt, clean that and youll be sweet.
    there is a hole there for air to go in but water is clearly getting in !

god luck
    PM me if you have b series performance parts!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg
    I don't think that's the problem cos I've already cleaned everything out and stuff, I feel like there's a leak or crack or something in the chassis but just wanted to clarify if anyone has had a similar issue

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 28-12-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

So that's where it was getting in on my DA9 Teg. Same problem and no amount of sealing along the windscreen or air/wipers box fixed it. Should sticky this on both forums.