Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe

Civic fd sport problems

Does any know or has this happen to your civic sport??

My car was working fine when I went and got maccas- then few hours later I try to go out again and the car won't start-- the reds and all power is working fine - but when I turn the keys on , it makes that fast clicking sound and the car won't start!! Does any one know what's happening ??? Any advice on what could be the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    Flat battery?
    EPisode3 : revenge of the civic

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    sounds like a blat fattery
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    Like I said the power is all working fine-- radio works- power windows work-- the dash works-- the reds are all on-- but when I turn the keys on to start the car!! It makes the fast clicking sound but car won't click over to to start

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by cuongn View Post
    Like I said the power is all working fine-- radio works- power windows work-- the dash works-- the reds are all on-- but when I turn the keys on to start the car!! It makes the fast clicking sound but car won't click over to to start
    yes, and like i said, your battery is flat.

either that or your starter motor is fuked but in which case it wouldn't click (not sure there)

go check what voltage your battery produces and/or jump start it.

start with the cheaper fixes and hope that solves it
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2, S15
    auto or manual? if its auto it might be in reverse or so
    Rep me if i have helped you

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 DC2R
    Something similar happened to me and it turned out to the immobiliser block thing on the key

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by cuongn View Post
    Parents Accord did exactly did a while back. Everything worked, windows, radio and all... just went click, click, click when the key was turned. It was a flat battery... well not flat but low on power. It had enough power to power the electrics but not enough to start it. Try battery first, then move onto other things if it doesn't start still.

Flat battery.

Best way to test cheaply is connect a multimeter to the battery.

Look at the unloaded voltage.(you want it above 12.6v)
    Crank if there is a huge drop it is a bad battery.(you do not want it to drop below 9v)

If it is a manual drop start it and rev it at 2000rpm for 15mins to charge the battery or go for a good spirited drive.

If that doesn't fix it, you have a bad battery.

Also how old is the battery?

Batteries normally last about 3 years.

---------------------------------

Lastly.

Radios, power windows and other small things like this do not draw the same current as the starter motor does.
    Last edited by Grayfox; 09-12-2013 at 10:27 PM.

As mentioned many times before... flat battery.

Hey. Today I tried do the oil change for my FD2. But some how couldn't because I found it real difficult to change the oil filter. I believe it has been placed at a very bad spot. No proper working space to remove the filter.
    So what ever oil i emptied, I've refilled it back to the engine. As I didn't want my new Mobil1 5w-30 go waste. Btw I even used an engine flush.
    After a lot of disappointment ( as i have to take my car to a mechanic for oil change ). I tried to start the car, but it makes that fast clicking sound and the car won't start. Did i screw up? Or like you guys said the battery flat?? All the components in the car are working just fine though. Please comment?!

Your battery is either flat or dead.