Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1999 Honda Civic Si Em1 Specs

Hey guys im looking for as much information on a 1999 Honda Civic Si Em1 i have looked at the sticky note already in this forum, and i would like more information on the car since im new to the honda world.

the car also falls under as Honda Civic VTI R Coupe.

Any help would be great thanks

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What do you want to know?

I'll tell you what I think about it. Nice looking car. Engine too small.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Since it was the em1 that bought me to the honda world i shall pass you my some what questionable knowledge.

This is for a stock em1-

Engine: B16a2 - gutless, but surprising 1.6l motor.
    Gearbox: s4c (optional LSD offered from factory rare) - very good gearbox, I believe that the honda gearbox's only get the shadow of the fame from their motors.
    She will sit 5 if you care about personal space 4 people max.
    She was made from 98-00.
    Some come with sunroof. most that you will see either don't have a sunroof or is aftermarket.
    The rear lip has the power to start a war. (very very rare $$$$$)
    She doesn't weigh much only like 11xxkG (do not quote me on this)
    Heaps of aftermarket support.

OVER EVERYTHING ELSE, Shes the Hottest/Beautiful/Made my heart stop when I was 16 .... honda ever sold in AUSTRALIA

Only other honda that matchs her beauty is the JDM DC2r and the Ek9 which were both never sold in aus. But a fair few have made their way here.

If you do find one that's been cared for and cherished be prepared to fork out atleast 10k or more for her. Gota pay to play market if you catch my drift.

Price: 3k - 17k

I would happily part with 20k if someone had a dead stock never been touched and well taken care off em1.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Is there a VTEC version? Does it make a significant difference?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by waz94Accord View Post
    Is there a VTEC version? Does it make a significant difference?
    Not sure if serious.

Knowledge

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Thanks amant02.

illestgaijin says
    im new to the honda world.
    At this stage if could help to explain the virtues and potential problems of a VTEC version of the 1999 Honda Civic Si EM1, and similar models. I'm also new to the Honda world and have a similar curiosity.

This is the Noob forum.
    Last edited by waz94Accord; 11-02-2014 at 10:07 AM. Reason: to clarify my position

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    VTEC is generally superior to non-VTEC IMO. Some may disagree but w/e.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Honda engines - VTEC is better and always will be. There has been over 15,000 Vtec systems developed by honda and non of them have failed.

The increase in torque that you actually can feel.

VTEC engines have had a higher KW output then its NON Vtec Counter Part. (D series are too old before anyone try's to argue this with me)

I havn't heard of anyone using VTEC killer cams in a long time as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by waz94Accord View Post
    Thanks amant02.

illestgaijin says

At this stage if could help to explain the virtues and potential problems of a VTEC version of the 1999 Honda Civic Si EM1, and similar models. I'm also new to the Honda world and have a similar curiosity.

This is the Noob forum.

Idunno, could be heaps of problems, could be nothing much. Get the car checked by mechanic before purchase.

In my exp, I have ran across these common problems. I've owned two EM1's.

Excess Oil Burn - Alot of pass by effect (Black smoke coming out of your exhaust = running too rich
    Worn Piston rings
    Various bushings.
    Oh that passenger side window.
    milano Pink

The car is quiet old, say if you had 00 model its age would be 14 years of age.

Theres a lot that can go wrong. But the easy DIY fixtures if your handy and most parts are easily swapped from another models if required.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic SI EM1

I have a 99 dead stock never been touched Milano Red EM1 with Sunroof and spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Since it was the em1 that bought me to the honda world i shall pass you my some what questionable knowledge.

This is for a stock em1-

Gearbox: s4c (optional LSD offered from factory rare) - very good gearbox, I believe that the honda gearbox's only get the shadow of the fame from their motors.
    She will sit 5 if you care about personal space 4 people max.
    She was made from 98-00.
    Some come with sunroof. most that you will see either don't have a sunroof or is aftermarket.
    The rear lip has the power to start a war. (very very rare $$$$$)
    She doesn't weigh much only like 11xxkG (do not quote me on this)
    Heaps of aftermarket support.

OVER EVERYTHING ELSE, Shes the Hottest/Beautiful/Made my heart stop when I was 16 .... honda ever sold in AUSTRALIA

Only other honda that matchs her beauty is the JDM DC2r and the Ek9 which were both never sold in aus. But a fair few have made their way here.

If you do find one that's been cared for and cherished be prepared to fork out atleast 10k or more for her. Gota pay to play market if you catch my drift.

Price: 3k - 17k

I would happily part with 20k if someone had a dead stock never been touched and well taken care off em1.
    If you are still interested I have a 99 Civic SI Coupe EM1 Untouched. New Exhaust Only Minor left fender dent.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic coupe
    Me too 1999 Matt black, love this shape and its always been my fav Honda who ever designed it got it right and as with all car makes they just improve as the years go by but some models just don't age. Alas mine is being stripped and made into a track day car but thats the fun of older cars you can get stuck into them without fear of buggering a later model.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by 99-EM1 View Post
    If you are still interested I have a 99 Civic SI Coupe EM1 Untouched. New Exhaust Only Minor left fender dent.
    Im moving away from Honda's now. Sold off my Hondas today. Subaru Fanboy now.