leather seats swap from euro

Hi,
    I have an 07 Honda Accord VTi with manual velour seats with side impact airbags. I was interested to know wether I would be able to purchase electric leather seats from an 03-08 Euro and install them into the car?
    Do you know whether the seats are identical, in that case I could remove the seat coverings and swap them over with the Euro coverings?
    Thanks
    Lachlan

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    The seats do look identical as we have both types of car here in the household. You'd need to wire up the electric seats somehow if you wanted a direct swap. To answer the second question, yes you can swap the seat coverings but it might be easier (and slightly dearer) if you just went out to a trimmer and got them to do it professionally. Somewhere around $800...

Oh yeah, that makes sense no worries.... the only problem I may have is the airbags within the seats, as they're from a different model. does anybody think they will not function/cause a CEL or Airbag light?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by lochie360 View Post
    Oh yeah, that makes sense no worries.... the only problem I may have is the airbags within the seats, as they're from a different model. does anybody think they will not function/cause a CEL or Airbag light?
    They should work fine as I believe they use the same connector. Airbag computer wise, I can't answer. However if you want to be headache free, why don't you go purchase leather seats from a wrecked Accord (one like yours). Price is the same I would assume (maybe even cheaper because the normal accord is for old people).

Ahh yeah, Hmmmm, well from what i've seen a set of seats are around the $800 mark, but I found some Euro ones for $300, call me stingy, I'm buying them on behalf of my little brother

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    They should work fine as I believe they use the same connector. Airbag computer wise, I can't answer. However if you want to be headache free, why don't you go purchase leather seats from a wrecked Accord (one like yours). Price is the same I would assume (maybe even cheaper because the normal accord is for old people).
    Hahahaha, seniors discount only hey?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    The SRS airbag module is coded like your key to the car.

Direct swap probably means a trip to the dealer to reset the modules
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    PFL CL9
    im selling a full set of leather interior seats front and rear cl9 located melbourne PM Me