Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crx seats.

The two that I have are def not interchangable. The spacing on the crx rails is much wider than my civic. I'd have to change the seat pans in from the civic to the crx seats if I wanted the crx seats in.

I'm more interested in a seat mount adapter to fit a fixed back seat. They are available from the US but as they list 88-89 as a different mount than the 90-91 I'm not sure which fits the Aus civic if either. The pictures in the ads seem to be generally non specific or not suitable.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    so does that mean ed9 and ef7 seats aren't interchangeable?
    Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    From my experience, I believe that is the case.
    Just because the seats from a CR-X don't bolt into a ED/EF Civic doesn't mean that a CR-X seat won't fit another CR-X.

Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    To clarify I have an imported crx parts car, it has Aus compliance plate and firewall... so it's actual model designation and year is not clear. Lucky me...
    The seats are the same as 90-91 SIR seats which I saw on a crx site, which was listing different model crx's.

I did more some research on some US forums which indicated that the 88-89 seat mounting in the civic was different to the 90-91. So if my crx is actually a 90-91 SIR it's understandable that the seats won't fit an 88-89 civic.
    But it's all still full of uncertainty for me. Does anyone know if either of the US seat mount/rails variants are the same as our civic?
    The seat mounting point change in the US cars was related to their use of door mounted seat belts. I haven't conclusively confirmed whether this is the case for all Australian EF/ED CR-Xs and Civics, but I have fitted the seats rails from a 1988 Australian delivered ED6 to my late '89/'90 JDM import EF2 with no problems. The mounting points on the chassis were identical (The mounting points on the underside of the seat pan were slightly different however, so I had to modify to use the JDM seat on the Australian rail.)

I'd be surprised if the CR-Xs weren't the same, in that the seat mounting points on the chassis were the same through the 87-91 model run for the Australian and Japanese models.

Re: ed9 & ef7 oops yep i missread that one. I read it as ed6 & ef7.

I have done a little more searching on this and found this diy from the US. It shows the differences in the 2 US civic seat configuarations for the civic.
    http://radekonline.com/download/seats/89Si_pan.jpg
    http://radekonline.com/download/seats/90Si_pan.jpg
    http://radekonline.com/download/seats/89Si_90Si.jpg

Note the width on the 90-91 Si seat rail spacing, it's much wider than the 89 Si like the crx seats that i have. Also the rear inner mount on the 88-89 Si looks like our Australian civic. Our civic looks like the US 88-89.

Here's the whole article FYI:
    http://radekonline.com/the-civic-project/p_2/

Just found this too
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...n-for-Recaro)&

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Where abouts did you get the rails + seats?

The ones in the article I posted are not mine, just something I saw in browsing the net.
    The jap crx and ed6 seats and rails I have, are out of the cars I have.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Yeah i have the jdm crx

I've had 3 CRX's (only 1 now), 2 were/are 88 ed's and 1 an 89 EF7. All the seat rails were identical (the EF7 was fitted with 2 pairs of lefties) as were the seat bases. Don't know if they fit AU ED civics or their seats. 90-91 AUDM and JDM could be different because we continued to get ED9's even though they were facelifted (a bit, not much). There are so many, by comparison, JDM versions produced for 90-91 (EF6 with the EF8 front with either carby D15 or ZC (EF7 type front chassis) and the EF8 B16A and more than 1 trim) is where the problem comes from. Sounds like you may have an EF8 JDM CRX, what engine/trans has/did it have.

I'll ask over on CRXAus if anyone knows about the seats and rails. EF8 into ED6.

Well I would ask if I could get on, site seems to be down. Been having lots of problems since "upgrading" to vB5. A bridge too far methinks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    EF6/EF7/EF8/ED9 88-91 Seats and rails are all interchangeable!

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by crxtasy View Post
    EF6/EF7/EF8/ED9 88-91 Seats and rails are all interchangeable!
    That maybe.

But not the same
    SSpamily

Those seat pans of Radeks look to have similar setup to the DA9 Tegs where the outside rail is outboard of the seat pan, so if that's what your ED6 is like then, No, CRX seats and rails won't fit. I fitted DA9 seats into my CRX, but I had to use the DA rails and make mods to do it. If you want to stick with Honda seats, the Gen3 Preludes look like they've got great side and leg support, but don't know what's involved with the rails. Would also be hard to find.